1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I think I messed up my Power Supply

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Matt898, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Matt898

Matt898 Member

Sup,
    So wife wanted to get a dvd player for the bedroom, I was like lets check out craigslist see what we find. Well I find a "broken Xbox" for 15 bucks. Well The xbox power button didn't work, it would power-on as soon as you plugged in the power cord. So the trace leads were corroded, I repaired them thanks to a Tut I found. Then I replaced the DVD drive with a Hp DVD-rom I had, with a Tut I found on the net. I had the top of the case off, I went to hook the xbox to the tv in my bedroom and I dropped the AV cables from my Directv box right onto my power supply. I heard a pop from my directv box and my xbox won't power up. I tried the power plug from my other xbox and no go. When I hit the power I hear a couple of very low short beeps and thats it. It's a V1.0 and it has a Minebea Power supply. Any Idea's?
    Thanks
    BTW Directv Box is done. it powers up but no video output what so ever. ( I know, I'm a genius)

2. varnull

varnull Guest

smps in the 1.0 isn't repairable.. not by normal humans.. the parts alone.. with no guarantee of it ever working again will cost more than another.... just buy a working xbox.. they are cheap enough.. or how about a $20 dvd player from a supermarket?

3. Matt898

Matt898 Member

$20. DVD is no fun!