1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so i upgraded my hdd on my xbox.(quick quistions)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by alinares, Oct 2, 2007.

1. alinares

alinares Regular member

well... i upgraded my hdd on my xbox with a softmod using xboxhdm 1.9(i think thats what its called).i have 2 quistions.

1) should i buy a memory unit and put my old hdd on my xbox again so i can transfer the files to the memory unit and then put the new hdd back on the xbox and softmodded like that?

2) should i just unlock it and transfer the files directly from the pc?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

FTP the contents from the old drive to the computer and FTP it back to the new drive. If the xbox loads fine, then don't copy over the C drive, only the E Drive. It is recomended that you keep your old hard drve untouched for recovery purposes. How big is the new hard drive? If its more than 8GB then you will need to format the F: drive on the new hard drive, NOT THE OLD ONE!

3. alinares

alinares Regular member

well... i fixed my problem already thanx for the info though...

but mostly your info is wrong...

you cant ftp if your xbox isn't softmodded...that was my problem cause i upgraded my hdd and started off fresh if it from the factory with no softmod. so i had no way of transferring the softmod onto my hdd.so no way of ftp.

well... your old hdd doesn't really matter anymore after you backup your eeprom from the old hdd.

and it can be more then 8 gigs and you still don't need to format.

if its less then 110(a number around there where you don't need to format F to use the rest of your hdd memory)

if its more then that you need to format F.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You CAN FTP a stock console, read my tutorials!

You should also ALWAYS keep your original HDD for recovery purposes. That way you always have a restart point (who keeps tracks of their eeprom file in two years?)

5. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I put in an 80GB and had to format the F: Drive. Try formatting the F Drive, I am pretty sure you need to.