1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So im making a movie, what tools should I use.....

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by biggreg85, Aug 15, 2004.

1. biggreg85

biggreg85 Member

Ok so I have a bunch of raw footage. I planned on using Adobe Premiere to edit it and all of that fun stuff.

What is a good format to convert the final project into?....mpeg2?...mpeg4?...WMV?...

what tools do I need to do that?

Also...

I want to make a nice menu....what is a good program to make a professional looking menu...Free preferably.

Thank you for all of the help...any tips/advice are welcome.

-greg-

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

For the format, it depends what you are going to use the video for. Are you going to burn it to a DVD and share it with others, or is it just for you to look at on your computer? And with the menu, a lot of burning software have okay menus that you can choose from. Just look through the menus on your software.

3. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I'm making a short film at the moment too and I've run into many of the same problems as you. Adobe Premier Pro is amazing for editing raw footage and Adobe After Effects is great for special effects. Now to get a professional looking menu, you can't use the crap that burning softwares offer. You have to use something like TMPGEnc DVD Author. Mostly any DVD authoring program will create proffessional looking menus, but Nero's menu's are horrible so don't think of using that. Also, I'd advise you burning it on a DVD because I mean, you must have worked hard on that so you want people to see. Hope it works out for you.

Cheers!

Hunter007

4. biggreg85

biggreg85 Member

oh it is deffinately going to be on DVD that is why I want to create a nice menu....i have used some sonicDVD softare in the past that came with my dvd burner....it works and is VERY easy to use, but that is it...nothing special or nice looking. So I am going to try that AUTHOR program you speak of above...

It is going to be a "music DVD" for a band...so I want it to look very nice, so I get more jobs in the future. And I would like to be able to split it up in chapters for each song(about 15).

Thank you for all the help, Ill play around with it.

-greg-

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You may even want to look into DVD Lab. It has a bit of a learning curve to it but you can make some very nice menus with it.

I figured out a couple tricks with Nero so you are not really stuck with their templates or frames, just import what you want for a background and use your graphics app to make an overlay on the menu frames then export it into the folder.

They still have their numbers on the buttons though. Like a person can't figure out there are four buttons on the menu page. They are supposed to fix that eventually.