1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So many techniques and diffrent kinds media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hampleman, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Hampleman

Hampleman Guest

I’m so confused after spending days reading tons of post….
    All I want to do is make back-ups of my movies with a Plextor 712A and be able to watch them on my Panasonic DVD-S27. After reading all this I’m TOTALLY mystified about what is the most compatibly media and a reliably technique to accomplish this task. Can someone point me in the proper direction? Thank you in advance.

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and you'll be all set, unless you have Nero then you can just burn with DVD Shrink. Read the forums on how to use each one but when I first used them I got the hang of it pretty quickly without them until.....Bourne Supreamcy but thats a whole new/old different problem.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

dvdripdvd just gave you the links. There are many guides on how to use these programs here to help you out.

On your media question: The media is the most important part of the dvd burning and playing process.

The poor media may burn ok or not in your pc. That panasonic stand alone player may or may not play it. Higher quality media usually solves these issues,you may even have to slow down the burnspeed.

Standalones were meant to play original dvd formatted discs. These discs are pressed in,they have no burn performed on them. The differences between the lasers on both the burners and stand alone causes playback issues like freezing,pixeling,skipping,jumping, and plain old "no disc inserted" error.

So the higher grade media like: ty's,mcc "mitsubishi" ricohjpn, and mxlrgo1 help out on the majority of these issues.Usually software doesn't make a difference,files are files.

Check out the dvd-r media forum for info on quality media and where you can find it on sale. Just because you think it may cost more,you can still find it for about the same price as cheap media.

Dvd shrink and nero have done all my backups,until yesterday on resident evil apacolypse,but the members here figured it out and I had no problem once I read that huge thread.

Good Luck

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's almost right. The majority of playback problems are caused by poor dye distribution on the disc (any spot with no dye will have no data) or just plain crappy dye. No Disc errors are typically the result of incorrect burn settings, non-standard authoring, or incompatibility with the specific type of media (-R/-RW/+R/+RW). Even media incompatibility isn't really a laser issue. It's due to the player not recognizing the media type reported by the disc.