1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what's the best way to play ripped DVDs

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by babaganoo, Mar 22, 2014.

1. babaganoo

babaganoo Member

I'll rip DVDs to my hard drive with AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Now what? I use VLC player and go through the list of files till I get one that either plays the first part of the movie (and then have to play each part of the movie in succession) or sometimes I get the menu and it works, then I click play.

Is there a front end or another app that is better for knowing what file to run and or link the parts that make up the movie so I can watch the whole movie without getting up to start each file in succession?

THANKS!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Run VLC; click 'Media' > 'Open Disc'.
    Check 'DVD' and 'No disc menus'.
    'Browse' to the movie folder that you ripped, highlight it, and 'Select folder'.
    'Play.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't recall anydvd or clonedvd producing a ripped dvd that vlc couldn't play & it numbers in 100's,it could be anything tho more likely using outdated version or a rip setting is wrong or clonedvd setting,the only time vlc had playback issues was when i used menushrink on some of them.

What do you mean selecting list of files ? why aren't you selecting whole folders & drag n drop them either into play list or into video window,when i say whole folders i mean you have a stack of movies in a location,open that location you'll see them all individually named,highlight the ones you want to play drop em into vlc push play,to skip a dvd push right facing double >> next to stop button.

playback in menu bar can also be used to select title/s of the currently loaded dvd

other media players are cyberlink power dvd & klite full

these aren't blu ray are they ?

Edit:to play each movie in succesion you need to rip the main movie to it's own folder with no menu's present then just drag n drop all of them into vlc,they will then play in series 1 after the other

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  4. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

Shrink:
    Find the file and go all the way to back up.
    BUT: in stead to backing it up. just hit the play button and double click the screen for full screen view.

Fast & simple ha!?

NOTE: I use VLC for DVD's playback's.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014