1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you have a bunch of 001, 002, 003 files....

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Praetor, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If you've got a series of files with extentions like 001, 002, 003 or perhaps part01, part02, part03 or somthing like that and you're wondering what to do: (1) Open any of those files manually with WinRAR (it doesnt matter which one) by dragging and dropping them onto WinRAR. (2) Select all the files and extract them somewhere, you may be extracting another set of 001, 002, 003, etc files or you may be extracting a BIN/CUE file. If you are extracting the former, then just repeat this process until you get a BIN/CUE file or soemthing you are expecting. (3) When you've got the BIN/CUE, burn it using Nero or something like that and you're done!

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

I'll also add that if you don't want to burn the bin and cue image to disc just yet you can extract the mpegs with ISObuster. This only works if the images are SVCD or VCD.

3. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

isobuster works great for extracting mpeg-2 out of your svcd image, but for a vcd you must use vcdeasy to extract the mpeg-1 video out the the vcd image. extracting a vcd image with isobuster will give you a .dat file(which still then has to be converted to mpeg-1) while extracting the vcd image with vcdeasy will give you a true mpeg.

4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

ISOBuster works fine for VCD bin files. As long as you extract and filter M2F2 MPEG Frames you just have to same with a .mpg extension, which the file browser allows you to do. The only reason why you don't have do the same for SVCD bins is because the the video stream already has a .mpg extension.

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

as ive already said, you'll need vcdeasy/vcdgear to get a mpeg1 file out of your vcd image, isobuster will give you a dat file even if u extract with m2f2 mpeg frames. vcdeasy and vcdgear will convert these dat files to mpeg1 but to save you the trouble of converting those dat files to mpeg use vcdeasy/vcdgear to exact to a mpeg-1 file first time everytime.

cheerz

6. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Nothing wrong with VCDgear or VCDEasy, but ISOBuster works just as well despite what you think.

7. Praetor

Whoa whoa whoa people why are y'all doing it the hard way? lol :p

Grab CDMage -- it's free so none of ya's have an excuse :p You can do error checking/correction as well as your run-of-the-mill extractions
    http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html

8. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

lets just get this str8 tho, your saying you get a mpeg-1 file out of a vcd image when using iso buster? you dont get a dat file? and yes of course you extract using m2f2 mpeg frames or the file you extract would be 1 fat error, so enlighten me i seem to be doing something wrong ;/

and pred i use a free version of vcdeasy, its just a matter of what program you prefer using, isobuster/vcdeasy/vcdgear and cdmage it doesnt matter as long as you get what you want in the end its all good

EDIT:. this is the last freeware version of vcdeasy, unlike the trail version thats out now this is a fully functional non crippled version with all the features.
    http://www.soft-ware.net/download.a...0349&pro=p02867&file=VCDEasy_v1.1.4_Setup.exe
    cheerz
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'MMM GEEKIN OUT!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2004
  9. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

As I said, all you have to do is save with a .mpg extension. The reason why it attempts to save as .dat is because that how it is already named. The file on a VCD is only a dat because of the mode 2 form 2 header info. Once the header is removed it's just a regular mpg program stream.

10. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

i stand corrected i didnt know it was that freekin easy =P, just putting a .mpeg on the end of the AVSEQ01.dat when extracting and saving. so there ya go, all these programs suggested are able to extract vcd/svcd images to mpeg1/2 files, so the choice is yours.

1 last thing i will add into the mix is, if you have a vcd dat file which you want to convert back into mpeg this can be done with vcdeasy no trouble at all.

11. Praetor

LOL believe it or not -- you're both right. To confuse people, VCDs come as both DAT and MPG files -- both are encoded the same way and play in the same manner. Depending on the image, one person will get a DAT and the other person, a MPG file. You can use either file to burn a new VCD or play in a DVD program :)

12. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Just to clarify, the dat file in a VCD IS an mpeg, only with extra header info that will allow you to burn up to around 795mb on one 700mb cd without using overburn.

13. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

my head hurtz =/

14. Praetor

LOL here's the recap:
    - The video fles on a VideoCD are encoded using MPEG1 encoding at 1152kbits video and 224kbits audio
    - There are two such type files: one with a DAT extention and the other with a MPG extention. BOTH are encoded as MPEG1 (1152video/224audio) and EITHER can be used to make a new VideoCD
    - If you extract via CDMage you dont have to worry about this M2F2 crap and its the same regardless of the "subtype" of VideoCD

15. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Don't you mean 1150kbps? I can't say I've ever seen a VCD with a .mpg file on it, only dat.

16. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

LOL dun worry i know what a standard compliant vcdz bitrate setting is ;) but as teegee said:
    ^^^^^
    thats y my head was hurting =P

17. Praetor

Srry about that i did mean 1150 :p -- there are VCDs that use MPG files though :)

18. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

i'll take ur word for it then ;)

19. slink

slink Member

hi this has really helped me i didn't have a clue what to do with them files thanks alot

20. Praetor

Uh... did you read the post???