1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soccer

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol. Hey how are we gonna hold up this season without Larsson. I've seen a few names mentioned as a replacement and im kind of excited about some of them. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink would be very intersting as a top scorer for Chelsea last season (i think).

United have signed Rossis and Pique, both very young and full of potential. Hopefully, they will gain some experience on loan in Sporting Lisbon or something and then be stars for us in the future. Id like to see that young talented Italian Alberto Gilardino from parma as well.

lol - Rangers have bought another catholic. A lot of their Northern Irish fans will be well pissed off haha. They bought Nacho Novo from Dundee. They also signed Stewart from United.

2. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

Well lets just put it this way, we will either come first or second(duh!), hey did you hear anything about that european league they were talking about, taking the two best teams out of each league or something.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, I heard it mentioned, but i honestly dont think that it will get the go ahead. Can you see the teams around Europe wanting to leave the leagues such as Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, etc...

It would be an interesting one though. The top teams all competing in that league....hmmm..

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Actually a lot of people were. But most cities are really mixed. Canadians are odd, no one says they are a Canadian. They will say "I half scotish, german" Even though that dates back four generations. So almost every contry that was there was represented.

But the english fans are the craziest.

5. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

Prisoner you would be a great Celtic fan, repeat after me:

Aye it's Celtic Celtic thats the team for me
    Celtic Celtic on to victory

They're the finest team in Scotland a hope you would agree
    They'll never give up tae they've win the cup in the Scottish football league

Aye its celtic celtic thats the team for me............

hey this http://www.footballchants.org/ site is kinda cool

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Football chants website is very cool mat e- id come across it before. However, still cant find the Ole Gunner Solskjaer song - have you seen it anywhere?

Some of my favourites :-D

If you want to go to heaven when you die
    You must keep the red flag flying high
    You must wear a red bonnet with fusk the scousers on it
    If you want to go to heaven when you die

This one is really good:

In your Liverpool slums,
    You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
    You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat,
    In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums,
    You sh*t on the carpet, you p*ss in the bath,
    You f*nger your grandma, and think its a laugh,
    In your Liverpool slums.

In your Liverpool slums,
    You speak in an accent exceedingly rare,
    You wear a pink tracksuit and have curly hair,
    In your Liverpool slums.

In your Liverpool slums,
    Your mum's on the game and your dad's in the nick,
    You can't get a job 'cos you're too f*cking thick,
    In your Liverpool slums.

In your liverpool slums,
    your mums on the dole,
    your dads in the nick,
    you can't get a job cos your to f*ckin thick,
    in your liverpool slums,

in your liverpool slums,
    you lie and you steal and you cheat and you theif
    you dirty scouse b*stards your full of deceit,
    in your liverpool slums

7. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

Can't exactly agree with your liverpool bashing, hey what about the manchester slums? Manchester isn't exactly a dublin 4 address is it?(thought I'd keep it irish for a while), don't know the chant you are asking for sorry, but that site doesn't have some of the classics like the catholic regeimeI guess that was too much for them, saying all those things about the queen and generaly being a bigot song "we all live in the catholic regeime,...the pope is supreme..." I still think it should be included though, they are way worse songs in the gers page, how did they get in? And there are a load of classic songs sung in the eircom league, they should have a page for cork city anyway, the amount of great chants about the dubs from the pale is unbelievable.

slan a chara

8. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

Ohh just looked at the stats at that football chants site , there are more rangers chants than celtic chants, better get thinking of the ones time forgot and post them

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - yeah - ill try and come up with a few :-D

Find the "we all live in the catholic regeime,...the pope is supreme.." because it is really good lol. Can't have the Ger's getting one over on us now can we :-D

10. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

There are also more NI chants than Rep.Ireland chants but I can't think of any ROI chants as I don't live in dublin and the damn tickets are so expensive and hard to find, if those gaa b@stards chould just allow us to play soccer at croke park-more tickets for everyone!! Can't leave the huns from windsor park walk all over us either. Oh they will not accept the catholic regeime, all I know is that if I post it here I know someone like herbsman will ban me. You can't really get rid of the last two sentances can you? That makes the song good! I'll look around and ask a few guys at some city matches for chants, there are still loads that are not on that site.

11. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol, you probably wouldnt get banned, since not many mods ever look in this thread anymore and it would probably just be a warning :D

Im not sure about the website. I did submit a few of the songs a while back through the contacts page, and even though i am Chris M myself, im not sure it is thanking me. I'll email and find out though lol.

I put good use to my air rifle today during the marching and got atleast three small drum hits and a lambeg. A few cars and vans as well, all in the name of sport lol.

13. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

Great! It's a pitty no one got and ak-47 "pellete guns" if you know what I mean, here I will be in newry soon can you buy some good air guns up there? I know you can get fire works and do you know if i can get some ps2 games and dvds from the market up there?
    Its a pitty the prods in munster don't decide to bring their marches out onto the street I'd make the trip back there because I know the gardai could do sh*t to protect them, all in the name of sport of course
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Hail Hail We Won The League!
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2004
  14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Of course its all in the name of sport lol. Anyway, its not like they are real people anyway....are they? :-D

15. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

No their sh*tty orange sashs permit them from being human, anyway soccer, erm lets talk soccer, I'm a tim not a billy thank ****

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - yeah :D back to the soccer.

And Celtic will win the Premiership and the Scottish Cup this year. Man United will win the Premiership, The Champions League and the F.A. Cup. Real Betis will come 6th in La Liga. River Plate are well on the way to winning their league. Sau Paulo are in a similar position. I have high hopes for Juventus, based on nothing of course lol, but i hope they can do it. Come on Werder Bremmen again in Germany....

17. The_Bhoy

The_Bhoy Guest

Ya soccer, they don't wear bowling hats when they play soccer, ya hear about beckhams ball? I always knew who ever got it would get something out of it, thanks becks-still won't buy pepsi or britlecream though :) Ya hear that the irish government thinks it is a good idea to give money to linfield while they mess up our stadium hopes and scotlands hopes for hosting a championship-good work progressive democrats, why not revamp the dail and make wider seats so mary harney can actually sit down without getting stuck-RTE will have the premiership though, thats good, AC milan and barca for the league ya fascist ;) and we all know celtic are gonna win again, we don't care what the animals say....

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Have RTE got the Premiership in England Live? Or is it just the highlights?

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Mind you, i am looking forward to kicking Celtics ass on the 28th of this month in America. We'll probably hammer them asmuch as we did last year. Its all in return for you messing up Ryam Giggs' Centenary by beating us. Bastards lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.