1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soccer

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I agree ronaldo is an amazing player, he really showed determination to impress the crowd! My brother was at the game, said the atmosphere whenever he got the ball would have blown a roof off if it was there ;-)

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i really hope, he, Kleberson and Djemba Djemba get a chance to play when im at the Arsenal match. That'd be way dool. Your brother is a lucky bastard, but ill be there soon.......*dreamin*

3. Dela

Ye cant wait to see arsenal again and see how it goes this time round :)

4. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Yeah I saw that Man Utd game on Sky and that Ronaldo looked the bollox. Got them a penalty and did a fine cross to lead to one of their goals. Looks to be a worthy Beckham replacement but only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2003
  5. Dela

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

7. Dela

its sweet music to my ears oriphus! lol

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Republic of Ireland kinda struggled to a 2-1 victory over Australia with Mark Vaduka opening the scoring for Australia in the start of the second half. Ireland replied some time later with John O'sheas first goal for his country, he is still yet to score for United. The follow up from Clinton Morrison secured the victory in the last friendly before the Euro 2004 qualifiers. It was a dissapointing start to the match, more so when Robbie Keane went of with a bad sprain to the ankle, he might miss the match in 3 weeks time.

England are taking on Croatia tonight at 7.30pm.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey guys, i bought the new UNited away kit, it looks amazing, especially with the champions gold FAPL badges. I dont know if im being a bit premature on this one, bought i got Ronaldo 7 on the back of it :)

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im off for 4 hours football training now. You guys have fun lazying around ok!

11. Dela

Watch that ankle of yours and ye that ireland match was terrible IMHO, delighted for O Shea though! :)

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, ankles were ok, only probably was someone landed on my big toe and broke the nail right off. There is puss and blood oozing from it :-(

John O Shea played pretty well. It was nice to see him score his first goal. He took it very well also. Im a bit worried about Robbie Keane, hope he can make the match in 3 weeks. Here man, you looking forward to our 3-1 victory against Newcastle tomorrow?

13. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ronaldo turned out to be an utter shite bench sub boy and Oriphus spent 40-odd quid on his shirt. We all live in hope ;O)

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

£45 :-(

Yeah, it wouldnt be too funny, but i really dont see it happening. He will be a good player no matter what, I just hope he turns out to be a great player.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Another succesful match under uniteds massive belt. It was a pretty good preformance by us in mu opinion. The first goal for Newcastle was a bit of a farce for two reasons it think.

1). Paul Scholes never handled the ball (the referee was behind him and couldnt see that - why did he give it then????)
    2). Although Silvestre shouldve been stronger, he was pushed to the ground in the box by Alan Shearer to score the goal. referee????

The game progressed frmo there to more incredible decisions by the referee. Ryan Giggs was on for goal and was taken down from behind by the last defender who go no where near the ball. the rules are, free kick and the defender gets sent off. Referee??? That incident saw a very angry coach sent of. Alex was fuming and i dont think thats the last we'll hear of it.

Van Nistleroy in the box was brought down, a good call for a penalty (not given of course) but i feel it may have been a good defensive tackle rather than an illegal one.

An amazing performace by the captain Roy Keane. Both goals from United were set up with absolutely amazing passes frmo that man. He was out of this world when it came to the balls he played in. After Van Nistelroy missing a similar one on one with Shay Given, he was feed in again by Roy Keane to score an excellent goal. A short while later, Paul Scholes missed an amazing tap in, but made up for it with a chested ball in to the back of the net from another excellent Roy Keane pass.

If you add up what we shouldve scored, and take away the farcical Newcastle goal, it shoul've been 4-0 easily to Man Utd.

Well done to the boys in red anyway. the last time we won our first two premiership games, Arsenal won the league!! Who likes statistics anyway? lol :D

16. Dela

My predictions for the season, United Premiership champions (again) lol! is it a bit early to say that? ye but the last time i didnt think they wouldnt win it at the start of the season arsenal wonm it, so their is a good chance here ;-)

17. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

This years premiership challenge is gonna be the most competitive. I fancy Man Utd have the slight edge, but Arsenal and Chelsea are gonna be real close on their trail.

If Chelsea manage to secure the services of Crespo they are gonna have one killer strike force. Hasslebank and Crespo would be deadly. If Chelsea sell Hasslebank it would be a huge mistake.

Arsenal lack an all important quality second striker to compliment Henry. Bergkamp is showing his age and Wiltord is too inconsistent.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2003
  18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep Chelsea are looking very sharp.

But Man Utd for me - and I see they kicked the geordies at their house yesterday....LOL

I very controversial decision regarding obrien/giggs.....as a Man Utd fan I was jumping/swearing - clearly brought down and what made me laugh - Fergie gets sent to bobby Robsons office......LOL LOL

Obrien EVEN admits after the game that he was lucky to get away with it......pure admission there.....

Nice result in the end though - bias I know but I thought it was a fighting performance....

Man Utd for the title......

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Going to watch the arsenal mathc now - :D

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Middlesborough 0 - 4 Arsenal

Well, Arsenal cruised to an emphatic victory over the Middlesborough side. It looked like a real stroll in the park for them. They kept 60% possession in the first half with 3 out of their 4 goals coming within the first 20mins. It ended Middlesborough 0 - 4 Arsenal. Amazing skill fromt he Arsenal side, it was like they were teasing the Riverside team some of the time. It just goes to show you that thre are only two teams that can turn on the style like that in the premiership. Man Utd and Arsenal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.