1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soccer

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I agree chelsea are looking good, which is why i cant wait to see Man Utd v. Chelsea, That will be one helluva game!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Come on Dela, they dont stand a chance against the great and might Red Devils!!! The only team im a bit worried about is Arsenal, if you watched them today you would see why. ;-)

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Nah, Dela has a point....

Man Utd and Chelsea, if you look at history, there has always been tension and always results in a hell of a match...

I can't wait for that.....Chelsea do look sharp at the mo' but I agree, the skill level with Man Utd/Arsenal seem to have the edge.....only time will tell.......bring it on....

I see Liverpool have not got away from the starting blocks - my mate is a big fan......and I am beasting him over it...LOL

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Liverpool?? Who the fusk are Liverpool LOL :D

5. Dela

Ye man, losing your first match and then a draw for your second, hmmm!!!

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It doesnt look too promising for Liverpool. I hope Liverpool end higher than Chelskov (just found out ski is polish - not chelski, but chelskov lol) cuz i really hate chelsea with a passion.

7. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Mouthwatering Premiership ties:

Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal Vs
    Man Utd/Chelsa/Arsenal
    6 Quality games

Liverpool just don't excite me when they play, far too defensive, not enough attacking play. Heskey is slow, Owen keeps getting injured, Gerrard has lost the plot(the player and the manager).

Best Potential Club Tie
    Man Utd Vs Real Madrid in Champs League Final

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Those will be 6 great games. Liverpool matches are a bit boring. They have a very boring way of playing. Long narrow passing with no real through ball playing. A blame Houllier for turning them into a pile of poo.

9. Dela

Champions League Final!! *drools* :p

Man i would love it so much!

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I do believe this is Wednesday the 27th August. I also believe that tonight is the night Man Utd officially welcome Wolverhampton wonders into the premiership. I also believe that to save wolverhampton from a complete hammering, Sir Alex will play some of his younger and new signings istead of the regular team. However, in saying that, I see a large scoreline for Man Utd, irrespective of who is playing. Wolves will be in the premiership for just the one year probably. lol. Alos, it will be nice to see Paul ince playing :)

11. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

[​IMG]

Barthez

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2003
  12. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Is Barthez going to finally get a first team game for Utd? I'm sure Alex can trust him in goal against Wolves but then again he might let a few in. Ronaldo's first goal for Utd?

13. Dela

27th August , 13 years ago, August 27th 1990, Stevie Ray Vaughan died!

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

sabrelord - i see the resemblence lol

Dela - very true. His spirit and music live on.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Arsenal have won all 3 of their opening games. It was a good game for Arsenal today, they are doing well at the min. Thats always a good sign with teams that havent been changed much, even though the defense still needs sorted. It is also the first time United have won all 3 of their opening games. We did win yesterday, though it was a poor performance by ours and indeed any of the top teams standards. Ah well, a wins a win. Young Ronaldo didnt impress too well, and the midfield was lost quite a bit without Roy Keane controlling it. I think we need to make a big impression with our next match to compensate.

What i find very interesting is another game for Liverpool without a win, especially against the other Liverpool (LOL)....i mean Everton :D. I think we may see an end to the Gerard Houllier saga sometime soon if this continues. I think that will be a good thing too, because his style of play is more suited to PSG and the french style, not the premiership. The premiership, like La Liga, is a more passing game, whereas the french league bores the tits off everyone, including the french. When was the last time you remember staying up to watch PSG or someone play??? Never!

Real Madrid have won the Spanish Super Cup beating Real Mallorca 3-0 on the night, and 4-2 on aggregate. What was particularily interesting was David Beckhams excellent performance in the game. He capped that off with a very rare header to score the third. Im glad he did, as it breaks down any of the barriers that may have seperated him from his teamates after his last two performances. My Hero Raul scored. Damn!! i love that guy so much. Easily the most talented player in the world, I dont care what anyone else says. You have your Figo's, Zidanes, V.Nistleroys, Scholes, Gerards, Owens, Henry's, etc... etc..., but not one of them is as good as Raul when it comes to the finishing. THis guy is the king of the kings of poaching goals. Unbelievable. I just hope that there is a slim chance he still may come to Old Trafford. I'd happily sell my testicles to get him here. (If my girlfriend asks - dont say i said that;) ).

Anyway - its after 4.00am here and i've to be up at 9.00am. Im off to bed.

16. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Houlier had agreat start with liverpool. FA Cup, Worthless, I mean Worthinton Cup and UEFA Cup. He was bringing in talent and knocking out the crap like Redknapp and Macateer who I have never rated.

Then he signed Heskey which was a good signing but he has really gone downhill big time. Owen is the only good striker they have. Baros looked good at first but then stopped slamming in the goals. Diouf again turned out to be another shite signing.

I think he needs to sign some superstar strikers not these inconsistent little nobodys. Liverpool have money why not use it?

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its not really the palyers, but the way in which Houllier forces them to play. Narrow and long isnt a footballers way, yet the french do it all the time. He will probably ge the sack, especially if they dont win their next match. Already they are playing major catch up with United, Chelsea and Arsenal who have won all their first 3 games. Poor newcastle out of the Champions league. We are winning it this year!

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Champions league draw. UNlucky Rangers LOL

Group A
    1. Bayern Munich
    2. Lyon
    3. CELTIC
    4. Anderlecht

Group B
    1. ARSENAL
    2. Inter Milan
    3. Dynamo Kiev
    4. Lokomotiv Moscow

Group C
    1. Deportivo La Coruna
    2. PSV Eindhoven
    3. AEK Athens
    4. Monaco

Group D
    1. Juventus
    2. Galatasaray
    3. Olympiakos
    4. Real Sociedad

Group E
    1. MANCHESTER UNITED
    2. Panathinaikos
    3. RANGERS
    4. VfB Stuttgart

Group F
    1. Real Madrid
    2. Porto
    3. Marseille
    4. Partizan Belgrade

Group G
    1. Lazio
    2. CHELSEA
    3. Sparta Prague
    4. Besiktas

Group H
    1. AC Milan
    2. Celta Vigo
    3. Ajax
    4. Club Brugge

19. allin

allin Regular member

C`mon the GERS

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - no real chance of that. I think its safe to say - rangers have done well to get this far. Now its time to say Bye Bye. they are going to lose their captain and the lost a great defender. Oh dear......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.