1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soccer

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allin

allin Regular member

Barry Ferguson has let the fans down so much by asking for a transfer....put simply, he should not be allowed near Ibrox again.

Its great that the club has made it to the champions league again and have been rewarded with Man U in the group. I do however fear for us at old trafford. At Ibrox I think we can win (feel free to laugh) against Man U. In my opinion there is not an atmosphere in the world that comes close to Ibrox. The fans are simply the best and we give great vocal support to the team.

BTW who need Fergie when we have Arteta.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, you did say feel free to laugh. Man there is not a chance of you being able to beat a full squad united. No way in hell. Barry has made the right decision, leave the scottish league and go to the real league. Celtic and Rangers are the only two teams in that league. I have a hunch Celtic might win this year after a real bad defeat last year.

Ac Milan beat FC porto 1-0 in the European Super cup

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Watching liverpool - everton here, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, boot up the field, is all i see

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - i know what you mean. the second half was a lot better though. 3-0 it ended up with Liverpool taking their first victory in the premiership this season. Looks like Gerard Houlliers job is safe for now!

5. Dela

It's Phil Thompson should be shot!

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - aint that a bit extreme. Poor Spurs took it bad. 3-0. Herbsman will be non too pleased thats for sure!

7. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Liverpool with Westerfeld in goal = UEFA, Worthington, FA Cup Champions

Liverpool with Dudek in goal = Not even a Champions League place.

I don't know why Houllier chose to replace Westerveld the guy was a class keeper. True Dudek is also good but to lose one of their biggest assets when he was in his prime is starting to pay dividends now.

At least Owen still does the business but how long until a player of his calibre wants to play more champions league football.

Top 4 in premiership clubs this season:

Man Utd
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    ? Anyones guess Liverpool, Blackburn, Man City?

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Agree with what you said sabrelord.

Very upset right now - no comment to make at all on the Man Utd performance today. Anyone make fun of me and ill strike down on them with great vengence and furious anger! Im not in the mood for gloating either over Arsenal.

Damn damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm damn damn damn damm

That just about sums it up for me

9. Dela

dude dont worry about it, we're champions!

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah i know :-(

ut i got all worried we werent gonna win the champions league after that performance on Sunday. Pathetic to say the least :-(

11. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

i cant wait 4 the man u and chelsea game at home(chelsea). just to see if if we win after 110million if not we will have to buy some more player next jan........lol

12. Dela

Get all the best players in the woprld but it dont matter if one used to play this style football and another one played a different style etc etc, nothing until you can get them all to play like a team :)

13. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

thats right, i know we are not going to win nothing 4 a few seasons but we will get much better and harder to beat.... watch MUTU this season he will have over 30goals

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh my God, a chelsea supporter!!! Look everyone. Quick someone take a picture!!

15. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

well you know its hard not to sypport the (richest) club in the world £ £ £

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Who says its the richest club in the world?? Are you saying that the might of BSKYB and the other big shareholders is not up to Roman Abromavich?? The two big irish millionaires who own 10 % as well :D

17. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

chelsea shouldny have got Claude Makelele. They also just put a 25million bid for roma's Emerson, now i support chelsea and we dont need no more players! we need to let the players we got play as a team first before we add on anymore!

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah - what does that tell you. No one wants to go to chelsea. its not seen as one of the worlds top teams.

19. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

it's not seen as one of the worlds top team's yet give it 2/3 years and you never know what could happen!

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - Chelsea doesnt have the stature nor the fan base to be a great team, no matter how much money it has. It will never be one of the big 3:
    Manchester United
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.