1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Change from 1896-1945

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DiRect, Apr 15, 2007.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

I am trying to find some sources to talk about social change in America between the years of 1896-1945...

I can't find any sources, and in less then a month, I have a one hour seminar on the topic. I have to focus more on technology, so if someone could send me some sources of where I can find the change in technology during those years (preferably books because they are more reliable - say teachers) so I can get the historical context and analyze the significance of that social change, but I need them quick.

Thanks for all your help.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

ouch....that's like the entire semester of history i had last fall in an hour.

can't help, but i can wish you luck.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

4 names to get you started.. Thomas A Edison, Nikola Tesla, Guglielmo Marconi and John Logie Baird. You can throw in Oliver Lodge, Lee DeForest, Reginald Fessenden, Alan Turing and Harry Ricardo as well if you want.

They changed the face of the world more than most. A google of those should get you well on your way. Sorry I don't know any online direct sources to the books you need.. but those names should link to interesting results.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

didn't we have a thread like this a few months back?
    DiRect, add in the 1st & 2nd world wars to that because if not for those 2, we would not be were we are now. we might only just be getting to the moon the 1st time not almost 38yrs later.

5. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

thanks guys, i need to just organize all this and then I can get underway... so technology from those years, i guess ill have to look at events during that era and then pick out events where technology might have been an important factor. thanks for your help.