1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft-Mod Tutorial: How to play backups with only SD Media Launcher + Extra Info

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Kenohki, Feb 17, 2007.

1. xray69

xray69 Member

I have burned 100's using Ridata and clone DVD2 at 2x, no problems.
    Only thing I don't like about this setup is that the SD media launcher DVD itself is apparently uncopyable, so if anything happens to that, you're screwed.
    I've tried making copies of it, locks up any program I have tried.

2. fp94

fp94 Member

Anybody know why I keep getting The 'Reffer to Instruction Booklet' error after playing some games for a while? It happend in Paper Mario when you get the first special move and in Fire Emblem when you get attacked by the enemy on the first mission? Anybody else had this?

EDIT: Time Splitters Future Perfect has stopped working at all, It work fine, but I turned off the GC Came back today and I get the same error on two of my GC's after the logo's come up at the start, and I've burnt Pokemon XD and I get the error again if I try to start a New file... Help! D:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. Zollex

Zollex Member

Hi! I try Sd Media Launcher and Fuji Film mini dvd-r but most games don't works. I use imgburn and nothing... only Nero and a little bit Alcohol works. Most games hang at middle game. What can I do?

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

You need to adjust your laser. If you are burning at 2x and it still does it then it's the laser.

5. Zollex

Zollex Member

How can I adjust the laser? Information pages don't works.

6. Bubba101

Bubba101 Member

Core, I'm baaack!!! (Sorry for any grief caused.)
    I haven't tried the rubbing alcohol, by the way, and this is the first time I've checked this post since I posted my last message. I was wondering, what rubbing alcohol do I use? Isopropyl? Might sound like a stupid question, but I have no clue what rubbing alcohol is lol. And what's a q-tip? Hope you get back to me soon.

7. Bubba101

Bubba101 Member

Oh wow, I'm stupid. I was supposed to hold down "A" at startup. Tsk tsk. sorry for the trouble. YAYYYY GAMECUBE BACKUPS, HERE I COME!!!

8. Can2113

Can2113 Member

Woohoo! I found a dvr-108 in my basement. Does anyone have a link to the 1.20MOD firmware for it? No more coasters!

9. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Sorry I've not been posting lately. For the rubbing alcohol, use some high percentage Isopropyl. I used 70% but I hear 99% is better.
    Use this link for laser adjustment:
    http://www.gcisozone.com/tutorial/19/laser-pot-tweak-.html

It's not the best tutorial but it'll do. There should be only 1 pot on the GC. From the pictures, it looks like its on the motherboard and not the laser.