1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft mod walkthrough yet AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by gunmetald, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

To soft mod you will need

: AR (Action Replay)
    :An original xbox game (Splinter cell, Mech assualt or 007 agent under fire)
    : soft mod installer deluxe

NOTE: platnuim versions will NOT work or classsic/game of the year etc..)

1. First thing get the soft mod installer deluxe easy to just get this than downloading lots of different files everything you need is in here! You can search google for it or download it here

:http://www.xbox-tribe.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=856
    If it isn't hyperlink copy and paste it into your browser.

2. You will need to get a program called Winrar to use this or you could maybe use another file archiver. Get the game files that you need and save them to your desktop

NOTE: for splinter cell you will need to get the right files there will be 3 splinter cell files in the soft mod installer.

3. Get the ones you need if you are using an american box you will need the NTSC game save. If you have a xbox that is anywhere else get the PAL game save.

4.Open your action replay software and transfer the game files you need to your memory card by dragging them from your (desktop or folder) to the right column

NOTE: If you have an 8mb memory card you will have to do the game saves separately on your memory card. (Because of the file sizes). 1 folder will read "linux installer" and another folder "LINUX profile" This is when it is on your memory card and you are running the AR software.

5.You will have to copy both game saves to your xbox hard drive. Using the memory feature on the xbox dashboard. Once this is complete put the game you are using into your xbox and let it load up click on the linux program and it will take you to a new dashboard.

6. I don't go any further than here because I screwed my hard drive had to buy a replacement of Ebay beats sending it back to microsoft though it cost me £4.99 ($9.98) to get it fixed instead of the MS price £78 ($156)

So if you need more help look at one of the other great tutorials on this site, Or consult a real modder not sum NOOB that is looking for attention!

Gamertag : GunmetalRazor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.