1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soft mod without rom drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by L_Booyaka, Oct 16, 2010.

1. L_Booyaka

L_Booyaka Member

recently acquired an xbox, no cables controller or anything, had a spare power cable and a controller from when i played xbox with an old friend that i no longer talk to anymore but after adding my own av cables to it turns out the rom drive is dead

will soft modding it allow me to play games from ISO's (or other disk images) if i were to FTP them over to it? also can someone point me in the direction of soft modding without a rom drive?

edit: i've scored my eeprom info using a serial reader so no hassles there, just need to know a way of getting the mod installed without the rom drive because it's dead i'm also far to poor to actually get a hold of any of the 3 games needed to do it the normal way either

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Im not sure you can... You will probably have to buy a new xbox dvd drive. Sorry

3. L_Booyaka

L_Booyaka Member

thanks anyways, i've read somewhere that a regular PC dvd rom will work just as well as the xbox one as long as you can trick the xbox into beliving the tray is where you want it to think it is so looks like i might have to get one of the games and try that out, will post my results once i've tried it

4. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

If you are trying to get a game like splinter cell to boot up and run the exploit, it wont work with a regular pc drive. The drive wont be able to read the xbox game.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

there are guides for this.. you need chunkheads "cheaters c" files