1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft-Mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Mando209, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

hey does any one know a site or has a guide for taking off soft-mod off the xbox. In another i have an xbox that has been soft modded but now i want to play xbox live and i want to take it off so i could put a regular mod chip (executer). Please help me i really want to play madden 2005 on xbox live!!!

2. c0ld

c0ld Guest

best plan is to buy a new xbox because it would be hard to get the regular microsoft bios which you'll need and im guessing you tryed connecting and got banned anyways so its pretty much hopeless. next time get a mod chip with a switch. that way your not storing the bios on the xbox. they're just on the chip and you can just turn it off and boot up the xbox normally.

3. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

well that really didnt help me a lot. i want to fix this xbox cause i bough it like 2 weeks ago. So please some one tell me where i can find a guide or if you have one post it up please. and NO i havent try it on xbox live so i have never gotten banned thanx for your opinion though. can some one else tell me a real answer please i really need it :/

4. c0ld

c0ld Guest

your going to need some sort of programmer to put the old bios back on the xbox. i've never done this so i don't know all that much
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2004
  5. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

All you need to do is to follow the same steps as to soft-mod your xbox using 007 hack with raincoat but instead of flashing your bios with a hacked one just replace the bios in the 007 savegame with your original bios that should be backuped somewhere in the C or E directory. nice tutorials on flashing the onboard bios on xbox-scene

6. ksman13

ksman13 Member

7. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Don't listen to these dumb fusks. They have no idea what they are talking about.

I am going to make some assumptions about your configuration because you don't say how your Xbox is softmoded.

I am going to guess that you are using the font exploit. To reverse this is simple and takes about 30 seconds.

FTP to your box and browse to your C:\Fonts directory. Rename the extensions or delete the bert & ernie font files. Rename the original font files back to their correct extensions (.xtf) and reboot the box. It will start back to the MS dash. It's that simple.

If you are using another soft mod let me know by replying to this post.

Next time these retards should keep their mouths shut if they have no idea what they are talking about. It's this kind of shit that makes people think the process is more complicated than it is.

8. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

thanx mess1, for that information but what if i dont know what method it was softmodded?? because one of my friends did it and he moved out of town, do you know how could i check or is it possible????

9. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

all i got in the C:/font folder is two files the first one is XBox Book.xtf and another one called Xbox.xtf.

10. mess1

mess1 Regular member

How do you start EvoX? Does it just start when you power on your Xbox or do you have to do something to get it started?

11. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

evox strats when i start my xbox.There is also an option that i could go to a regualor M$ dashboard. but yeah evox starts when i start the xbox,

12. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Is there a bertateernie.xft file in the root of your C:\ drive? If you are not using a conventional Font hack, I think the only other possiable softmod you could be using is the UDE/UDE2...

13. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

the only files and folders in the C drive are:Audio(folder), backup(folder),fonts(folder),xboxdashdata.185a6100(folder),xodash(folder),evox.ini(file),evoxdash.xbe(file),items.txt(file), XBox Book.xtf(file),Xbox.xtf(file),xboxdash.xbe(file)

14. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

i dont think there is a bertateernie file :(

15. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

These are the folders there is in the C drive:

[​IMG]

new to the pictures idk if it works :)

16. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

i tried adding the pictures of the folders, guess i dont konw how to do it :) well i just gave you the files and folders in the c drive. if you need anything else just tell me alright

17. mess1

mess1 Regular member

How big are the font files in the C:\Fonts directory?

Unfortunately this is sounding more and more like a hardware mod (chip).

The fact that there is no default.xbe in the root of C tells me that you are not using a font hack of any flavor and that this is likely a chip.

18. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

the Xbox Book.xtf is 13.7MB and the xbox.xtf is 18.2MB. Well i just recently open my xbox and saw there was no chip. (i just checked where the X-Ecuter 2.3 goes, is there any other place the chips go???)so i figuered that it was soft modded cause it didnt have a chip so thats why im asking how to take off the soft mod (if it is that) cause i want to play Xbox Live Madden!!!:) well is there another spot the other chips go???? or if its not soft modded than what is it, do you know???

19. Mando209

Mando209 Guest

if you prefer to talk in a messanger do you have one??? if you do, which one??? or if you dont we'll just keep doing like we are alright :) Hope we figure this out thanx for your help if we cant though.

20. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Well those are definately the factory font files which means that you are definately not using a version of the font hack. Since your Xbox automatically boots to EvoX, and the only way to do this, currently, is via a flavor of the font hack method, you must be running some sort of mod chip, or you have flashed the factory BIOS chip.

Not sure which situation you are in but either way it's not looking good. You'll have to either reflash the on board BIOS with your factory BIOS, which I am guessing that you don't have, or figure out where the mod chip is installed and remove it.

Either way it sounds like you're a bit out of your league. I hate to say it but I am guessing that your best and safest bet is going to be to get a replacement machine. I bet someone would kill to swap you straight up.