1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft-modded Xbox new soundtrack limit reached? Please help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ivan82, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ivan82

ivan82 Member

Hello, I have had an Xbox with the soft mod on it for a few years and now have a screen pop up at the end of the soft mod sequence telling me, "Unable to create new soundtrack. You have reached the maximum 100 soundtracks." It won't go any further than that. Has anyone ever had to fix this problem before?

I've searched, but couldn't find anything on the subject.

If anyone can help, please do, thanks.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

As far as I know the soundtrack limit is set by the original M$ software. Delete a few, there seems to be no limit to the size of soundtracks, just the number of slots in the M$ dash music software.

Soundtracks live in the tdata folder..have a look at them, the playlist files are pretty standard databases.

3. ivan82

ivan82 Member

Is it possible for me to ftp to my xbox when using the xbox menus?
    I tried, but it doesn't seem to work unless i have the softmod program loaded, but I can't load the soft mod because of the error message.

I tried deleting the soundtrack save file through the xbox menus, but it doesn't work, it stays there in the list.

Thanks for your help.

4. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

you need a softmodded dash to FTP

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Soundtracks are controlled from the original M$ dash under music. You have the option to edit, add to, or delete soundtracks from there. It's done that way as they need to interact with certain games, which still use the M$ kernal software. Get my drift? With 100 soundtracks you have probably come close to filling the entire E: partition.

6. Gr8Modder

Gr8Modder Guest

or you can just copy some of the songs to a different folder, free up some songs, just make sure you know where they are, or you save room if you have multiple cds by one artist copy all the songs to that artists folder...

7. ivan82

ivan82 Member

Thanks for your help everybody, but I have never done anything else in the ms dash other than use the soft mod and delete save game files, I have never added a soundtrack, and there is only the one soundtrack file listed, which is the one used for the soft mod, so there is nothing for me to delete in the ms dash, and since there is no way for me to boot up the soft mod so I can delete the files through ftping, I guess I'll just have to get my xbox redone.

Thanks anyway.