1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soft modded xbox w/ 2 TB hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rang3r_Ri, May 23, 2010.

1. Rang3r_Ri

Rang3r_Ri Regular member

just recently did a splinter cell softmod.
    after using xbox partition-er and xboxhm 1.9 setting up 64 bit clusters all is good.
    my question is its slow as shit, and sometimes will crash. will not crash during game, just in the dash.
    i have unleashX as a dash. since i did the softmod install i cant seem to find the dash folder, i see a folder E:/dashboard, but it has a evox.ini and evox.xbe.
    then i looked in Udata and found a folder with unleashX.cfg and or .xml not sure wich one. but i dont see a skins folder.

what i want to do is set XBMC as dash.
    would i install a dash just like a chipped box or should i leave it as is. i tried a few other dash's but essentially could only get evox and unleashX to work.

since its soft modded could i just use the AUTO INSTALLER DELUXE 4.5 and reformat HDD and then do a fresh install using CD? i just spent so much time i dont want to do it again. to tell you the truth its for a friend, its not even mine

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Can't help with softmod,my boxes are harmodded,the v1.4 with dual 1.5tb hard drives (using xtender kit) is fine,boots a bit slower than when i had the 500's so assume it's normal,however the v1.6 box does not like 750 or 1.5tb hdd's at all, like you i've found shit happens,sometime it will boot ok other times it does what yours is doing,i conclude that the version of xbox has a bit to do with it,you were lucky that the 2tb booted at all,my advice is try some other hdd's but smaller if you have any spare,there is also a hdd guide of what hard drives work whether or not any of it's true it's worth a shot

summary
    larger hdd's is a risk of whether they work or not,booting to dash is an issue,once in game etc all is fine,xboxes were never meant to have large hdd's & seem to be very fickle about what hdd's you can fit to them,not sure if it will be of help but try x-wizard install disc torrent from either tpb,btjunkie or iso hunt,it more than likely won't help however i've found using the Auto Installer Deluxe is not very good at handling the partitioning of my 1.5tb sammy's until i use x-wizard to partition them,obviously everyones experience will differ

RE:XBMC is installed as an App or as a dash seperately so as you suspect this would be same from a soft mod also i assume..lol..

3. Rang3r_Ri

Rang3r_Ri Regular member

thanX mate.
    when i used AID it said xbox v. 1.1 i too have a 1.4 hard modded w/ a Xecuter pro lite plus.