1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft Modding a xbox with a hard modded xbox and the hot swap method

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by miketrev, Apr 21, 2009.

1. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Hi I have 2 xboxes, 1 modded with a Xecuter 2.6 and the other is stock. I want to soft mod the other one but I don't have the required games.

Once of my friends said I could use the hotswap method to copy the contents of my modded drive to my non-modded drive, is this possible?

Is there no way I can just download something that I can copy to the xbox with xpolorer software rather than open up my modded xbox as its quite temperamental already?

Not sure if these 2 things effect it but the modded xbox no longer has a M$ dash (I deleted by mistake)and the DVD drive is busted.

I have used the search but i cant seem to find the answer to this question.

Thanks in advance

2. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

**ignore**

me being a n00b. Bump though anyway ;)

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. trx250r

trx250r Member

I have a xbox I going to chip with X-ecuter 3 I want to use it to softmod other xbox's is this possible? Looking for a guide to do this!!

4. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Think THIS is the guide you want. I am going to try this on mine so Ill let you know how I got on.

5. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

FYI this worked for me. Used the hotswap trick to copy the modded c & e drives over and it works great. Did get a bit of a scare when i turned it on next day and it asked me to set the clock then went in to the M$ dash but after I set the clock and rebooted all was good

6. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

don't follow the miketrew guide on that matter. just download yourself an slayer or aid disc (i prefer slayer since that is a much smaller download), burn the iso to a cdrom. pop the burned slayer disc into your xbox's!!!!!! dvdrom player. then it will boot the disc. select the options you want. if you have a standard drive, then choose the options for the standard drive. if you have an upgraded drive, or want to upgrade, then choose the options for an upgraded drive. finish with selecting which dash you want as primary (i use avalaunch, i always put xbmc in apps, not the other way around) and your done. it takes about 6 minutes if you have a chip! if you don't have a chip, then you have to do a softmod via the original game or hotswap.

good luck