1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft modding help! usb not working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by gamemaste, May 1, 2005.

1. gamemaste

gamemaste Member

hello,
    im try to softmaod my xbox using a exploit on a usb storage device (Sandisk Micro Cruzer 128MB-brand new) i made a plug using a tut heres what it looks like:

red-red
    white-white
    black-black
    green-green
    left side:xbox breakaway right side: usb cable

i plug it in and turn on the xbox nothing happens! it just boots the ms dash and runs like normal. its on the usb compadibility list (http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/XboxUsbCompatibilityList) whats wrong? can someone help me?

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

I don't think your bios are pointed to the new drive Usually the usb would be something like H: or I: and the Bios are more than likely looking for C:*.bin so you need to redo your bios to point to the usb jumpdrive if you can access your xbox hdd via ftp I'd suggest to do that and plug your usb jumpdrive in and see what drive it comes up as and then edit the bios to that one.

Degalle

(EDIT: I'll read this again later but right now I'm to fu*king tired to realize what I just said lol)

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  3. gamemaste

gamemaste Member

ur saying its my bios hmmm i dont think theres anyway to fix that cuz i cant ftp therefore the reason im softmoding

i believe it should act like a normal memeroy card from what i read like plug in play

4. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

save youself the hasle and put the gamesave on a xbox memory card.