1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod an Xbox via FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by scubasteve789, Sep 22, 2010.

1. scubasteve789

scubasteve789 Member

Hey I have read alot of forums on afterdawn and scenyx about soft modding an original xbox. I already have one that was modded for me and I update it frequently by ftp. I have recently acquired an unmodded xbox for free so I am going to attempt something that no forum ive read has been able to answer - Is it possible to softmod an xbox by ftp?

I have the original mech assault game, i'll get the necessary game save linux files from wherever, but i dont have an action replay nor do i plan on getting one. This is strictly an experiment and I am not spending any money on it. I dont care if the xbox bricks because its a spare. So my question is: if i use Slayers boot disk to get ftp access to the unmodded xbox, can i transfer the game save hack via ftp to whichever drive and folder contains game saves, then put in the mech assault game and exploit the hack that way?

I havent got the xbox yet, its on standby, so im not even sure if it would read the slayers boot disk. If it wont, is their a boot disc that it will read?

What are your thoughts hackers?

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

It's been done, hundreds of times.

All you do is
    determine your xbox's version
    Tranfer over your exploit
    Run the exploit
    Backup your eeprom
    Pick the correct version softmod for your xbox from the files in my signature
    Ftp the files over
    Power off the xbox
    Power on the xbox

The xbox should now be modified with avalaunch

If you want to use a disc use Auto Installer Deluxe. http://www.aidtracker.com

Just be careful, old xbox hard drives may die with in months of modding because they're so old. I've had one die on me 2 weeks after modding it.