1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod banning

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jake4d1, Sep 8, 2005.

1. jake4d1

jake4d1 Member

what i was planning to do was have 2 accounts... 1 totally legit that i dont want banned and another one that'll run off of 2 month trial cards that i will mod on custom matches with.
    i am planning on getting my modder account banned... it dosent bother me at all.
    and i know that to go legit again you just copy the unmodded maps back onto your xbox.
    but what i want to know is will my legit account get banned just for my xbox bein softmodded even though when i log onto my legit account i wont have my modded maps in the xbox only linux?

2. drewall

drewall Member

I have a friend with a modded xbox and he gets' on live all the time.
    One day he decided to put modded maps on and he got banned in two hours. If you don't have any modded maps on your hard drive your fine.
    just remember to redownload the maps or you can't play.

3. jake4d1

jake4d1 Member

ok cool thx

4. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

In case your new to the Game. When you F'up on XBOX Live!™ and get banned. The "Ban", is not against your account. After all M$ still want's your Money!!!

When you get a Ban on Live!™ it is for the entire XBOX™ in question. The only option you'd then have is to try to purchase a new On-Line Key [e.g. EEPROM), from some other location.

So your Idea is utter Sh*t!! You might want to rethink it!" And if you want to do Softmods like this repartition your Stock HDD to open up the hidden 2 (or so) Gib's (i.e. F:\) and run your Hexpoiltes there! And not on C:\ or E:\. As M$ has been know to run checks and Ban those with Mods / Modchips off. M$ Retail can not recignize anythning above E:\.

X:\, Y:\ & Z:\ Are all Cache Drives ca. 700Mb each. 'Game Directories' will Tipicaly be either F:\ or G:\

C:\ Is the Dashboard, and E:\ is the Save Data! D:\ is the DVD-ROM

5. jake4d1

jake4d1 Member

look.... by ban i mean the gayly titled "banhammer" where they take you from mm.

1 account i dont want banned. (from halo 2 mm)<-----will this be banned
    1 account i want banned (from halo 2 mm)<---------- when this is banned?

6. drewall

drewall Member

The friend I tould you about has about 30 2 month free accounts and still plays matchmaking on live.

7. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I don't have a fuxx'ing clue as to what you 'said'.

Let me make myself clear... When you get baned off Live!™ Microsoft banns your XBOX™, end of Story!! Your Account FWIW is still active and you'll still have to pay for it. But you'll never be able to access Live!™, on that Machine again. Unless you can get ahold of another On-Line Key (i.e. EEPROM e.g. Retail Firmware Image), that has not been baned by Microsoft™...

8. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

{edited}

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  9. Than924

Than924 Member

Um, EEPROM is an acronym.
    It stands for Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory.
    It's a chip in the XBOX that stores information that they use for certain purposes.
    He is saying that if you get banned, you will need to get your hands on a new Chip and reinstall it in your XBOX.
    I don't know anything about XBOX Live, I'm just trying to clarify.

10. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

The Firmware on the EEPROM (i.e. TSOP e.g. The BIOS Chip), in your XBOX™ contains several 'Sub-Keys' (IIRC Five in total),. They all get Hashed and from that info it spits out a 20-bit HDD Lock / Unlock Key.

One of those 'Sub-Keys' is called the On-line Key... It shouldn't take someone with Mad (C++, PHP, Java at-al), Skilz to workout what this Sub-Key is used for. Once you work a Ban on Live!™, this 'On-Line Key' is in fact what got baned! And unless you can change it with One that has not been baned. Not to mention valid!!! You're going to find you Live!™ Gameing to be very, very time limited till they kick you off for good.

If you must do this to up your Gaylo Rankings. I'd recomend useing Xlink instead as they, unlike XBOX Live!™, do not ban People, who like to cheat on Gaylo. Live!™ on the other hand, (as I understand it), has a ZERO TOLLERENCE POLICY ON CHEATING....

11. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

No more like a new EEPROM.bin File (or a valid i.e. non-baned), On-Line Key and some Firmware Editor like ConfigMagic to actually edit your Information (i.e. The Sub-Key's), on your Firmware. As you pointed out the Chip is indeed flashable. So there's little point in wanting to change it the chip that is...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  12. jake4d1

jake4d1 Member

i love how people take what you say... confuse it... then f*** up what they already confused....

i will put there in the simplest words i can.....

one account of mine i play legit on halo....

one account i want to mod

i will get the modded acount banned from mm... who gives a **** mm sux

when i get punted from halo2 matchmaking on my modder account....

my legit account should be able to play mm (i like multi team :p )

13. Moclcler

Moclcler Guest

Ichijoe
    9. September 2005 @ 19:20 Report an offensive post
    I don't have a fuxx'ing clue as to what you 'said'.

Let me make myself clear... When you get baned off Live!™ Microsoft banns your XBOX™, end of Story!! Your Account FWIW is still active and you'll still have to pay for it. But you'll never be able to access Live!™, on that Machine again. Unless you can get ahold of another On-Line Key (i.e. EEPROM e.g. Retail Firmware Image), that has not been baned by Microsoft™...

I have a modded xbox and Have gotten 3 accounts banned And my legit one still works when I redownload maps so that marriage theory stuff is BS. It still works

14. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

What part of "One XBOX™, One Ban" do you not understand? I don't, and more over Microsoft™, or Bungie™ for that matter could give a Rats-Massed if you have One Accout or TEN! They do not ban your account EVER! you can use your Account on almost any XBOX™. From your House to Kalimzoo. If you mess up and get your Butt kicked baned off of Live! The XBOX™ that did the deed will no longer be allowd TO EVER AGAIN TO JOIN LIVE!

Perhaps a Google Search on XBL!™ Banning might help you!? You don't seem to want to beleve me. So why the Hell am I even bothering wit this! Tell you what Go ahead and boot your Warezed copy of Gaylow2 get on Live! and wait for your Ban! It shouldn't take to long! Then perhaps you might have lernt something!

15. Moclcler

Moclcler Guest

i dont know why are you getting worked up about something as stupid as this. What ever dude no one cares that ur a nerd

16. jake4d1

jake4d1 Member

whoa ichi takes this seriously.... the topic was not about being banned from live

the topic was about being banned from HALO 2 matchmaking. which does not ban the xbox from live entirely.

in other words... they flag your gamertag and do not allow you to play mm in halo 2
    i thought they might flag all your gamertags... they dont

edit: who says warezed? dip**** try to understand the topic before you b**** to others

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  17. HeLlZ

HeLlZ Member

When they ban your mm, like they did to mine, they will eventually ban your ENTIRE XBOX FROM LIVE, i tried the same thing, they dont just ban your matchmaking dude.

18. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Again what's the big deal? You are all so lame that you have to cheat at what is most arguably the crapiest FPS of all time! Fine that's your lookout! But, why take it on Live!™ when there are at least a dozen or so Places that you can play it for free, and not have to worry about getting baned from MM or Live!™??

People have to pay like $59.00(USD) a Year in order to use Live!™ +Any Bounus Content they'd wish to Download. What do you think gives you losers the right to go and F*ck it for the People who are not as lame as you and are playing the Game straight? In this respect I aggree with M$ that such People have lost nothing on the Live!™ Service and should in fact be removed!

19. Moclcler

Moclcler Guest

^ Ignorant...

20. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

What's ignorant about it? I find it a hellva lot more ingnorant that ther're People like you who think there's a way to Cheat the System and get away with it! If you don't want to get banned from Live!™. Then stick to the Rules.

It's that simple!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005