1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod black screen of death

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by posionivy, Jun 14, 2005.

1. posionivy

posionivy Member

friend tried to softmod xbox. start it up and when the crack goes to load will just go black. Unknown to us was it was pre-patched becasue it was signed onto live. No method allows me in to erase mechassault game save.
    Ok so now I have an extra compatable hard drive I got the c and e folder files I want, from his working crack.
    What I can't do is get the new hard-drive to accept the file. I've formated it with xhdprepa13 but it locks out the hard drive so renders it useless. I have it right now empty formatted with windows xp cd and is now visible again on computer. I will not format again with xhdprepa13 cause that didn't help. Fatxbox doesn't seem like it will work cause need to unlock xbox hd. Since he loaded the crack I can't back into it to get the password from orginial xhd. I've looked at the folders I got from his xbox hd but couldn't find hddkey.txt or the folder that has that info. Xlinux doesn't work either I boot up computer with hd I want to use but doesn't let me run gogo says can't create already there and drive is read only. What do I do with a hard I can't read from ftp, unlock. And how the hell can I get the new hard to load files. Again I have no modchip so slayers doesn't work. Any information would be greatful.

2. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

its odd that you get "the black screen of death" cause you would normally get an error message shortly after boot. I think that theres a good chance that your xbox is dead cause thares no mod on it. mod chip will most likely fix it but i dont know for sure... iv never heard of a plain black screen.

be patiant and someone more knowledgeble will help. (probably)

3. posionivy

posionivy Member

thank you, and I'm praying that someone will help. even if the hd is dead I have another that I can't seem to load any of the evox files onto.