1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SoftMod] Eject Button Flashing Orange

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by BadMan007, Oct 2, 2008.

1. BadMan007

BadMan007 Member

So heres how it went, After running SID V5.01 with the SplinterCell exploit the XBox was running like a champ no crashing/freezing of any kind.

After the install i changed a few minor settings(Screen Calibration Network Settings) rebooted the XBox tested FTPing into it worked fine then i went to find a good package for XBMC.

The XBox ran in the background for a bout a half hour of so then out of the corner of my eye i see my TV go black and the Eject button started flashing orange me not being knowing UnleashX I just was thinking it went into sleep mode or something.

Regardless about 20 minutes or so after that i found the XBMC package i wanted to use went back to the FTP window and the XBox closed the connection i was like ok and went to the xbox to restart it.

And now it wont do anything Boot to dash, Boot a game, Nothing. Its like it doesn't even get to boot before it flashes.

The only way i could get it to do anything else was by unplugging the A/V Cable but that didn't help me much.

Also rather the try to describe how the thing boots I just uploaded video:Video

(Also I didn't say in the video but the screen is black the whole boot so I felt there is no point in showing it.)

Any help would be appreciated

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

does it gives you an error message when you disconnect the harddrive or dvd player? have a feel (and look) whether the nvidea chip doesn't get flaming hot and the same for gpu and cpu cooler. i needed to apply some new thermalpaste on both (and had to flash the onboard chip of my coma box)