1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoftMod Exploit Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Brice123, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Brice123

Brice123 Member

I have a softmodded box with a 250GB hard drive in it. My friends want the same thing but can't afford to buy it like it did. Is there a way I can make an exact copies of my xbox hard drive (duplicate my hard drive)and then place it in my friends' boxes...and will it work, can I just place duplicates of my drive in other boxes for them to be softmodded just like mine (it technically would be a hardware mod but you know what i mean).

I appeciate any and all help. Thanks

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Yes you can duplicate it. Yes it will work, but with a catch. You'll have to lock it with the correct password. Here is a tutorial on how to do it. I have personally followed this tutorial and it works to a T. Good luck.

http://www.supertrick.net/tutorials.asp

3. Brice123

Brice123 Member

hey man, you are a livesaver!!!

4. Brice123

Brice123 Member

Hey Mess, do you have the files on the download page on supertrick.net, and if so you would be able to send them to me via email. My email is briceayres@sbcglobal.net. Hey, I really do appreciate you responding to my post. Those tutorials are really good, the best I have seen so far, and I have read a lot of tutorials. Also, I didn't backup my xbox hard drive because some tutorial i read said to do it after getting ftp access instead of hotswapping to backup. In the tutorial on supertrick.net, it was kinda confusing how to fix the hard drive if I didn't have a backup....Do I just try to remove the softmod I put on there that messed it up in the first place?

Thanks a bunch!

5. Brice123

Brice123 Member

Hey, the password I have to lock the new hard drive with....is that password unique to the xbox I am placing the new drive in? Will it matter if I use a password I get from ftping the files from the modded xbox?

6. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Yes I have them all, no you have to download them through eMule. Sorry dude.

Pretty much. If you can hot swap you can try removing the font files. That is pretty much the only show stopper and what starts the tumbling on the soft mod into place. You can also take a backup of another xbox drive and restore the system partition using HDDDriver if you absolutely can't get it to work.

Yep. You're welcome.

The password absolutely [bold]IS[/bold] unique to the Xbox you are placing it in. Yes it certianly will matter. Wrong password means that the Xbox won't be able to successfully unlock the drive and it won't be able to make read requests which means it won't boot.

7. Brice123

Brice123 Member

Hey Mess, thanks again. You have been most helpful. Supertrick.net, if thats your website, its a good one. I think it will turn out big really soon. If you could get it to pop up in google searches when people search for xbox you would be all set. I will defintely be donating to the site once I get moved in and setup at college, and I might even help write some reviews. But hey man, You have been a huge help, I can't thank you enough!

Thanks, Brice

8. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Glad I could help. I look forward to working with you in the near future. Tell your college buddies. ;)