1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod installer deluxe 2.0 question please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by shakezila, Jan 23, 2007.

1. shakezila

shakezila Member

hi, i've had my xbox modded with SID 2 for a couple months now and everythings been going great i was just wondering if i could possibly update it so its running SID 4.5 knave. i've been thinking that i could just boot up my AID 3.0 disk uninstall softmod and then install the softmod that i want but i was unsure. please give me detailed instructions. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

ok i dont know alot about sid but if its like anyother softmod it should work ok so put in the sid disk u used to mod and there should be an option to install do that and reboot ur xbox to see if it workrd which it will then put the sid 3.0 in and do all the installing stuff like back up eeprom and all that and u should have a xbox modded with sid 3.0 o yea and all the u have on ur box wont be deleted on the uninstall they will still be there after u update it

o could u tell me where to find sid 3.0 i can never find a full version but yea there u go let me no if it dont work

3. shakezila

shakezila Member

i actually got really impatient and tried something that could've screwed me over big time but it worked and i'm happy with what happened thanks for your help tho and i think you can find SID 3.0 and up on the usual places