1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod or hardwaremod????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by alcxz, Aug 6, 2004.

1. alcxz

alcxz Guest

helly guys, im a newbie here. i bought my version 1.4 xbox a couple of weeks ago and i was wondering what type of mod is better. the softmode or the hardware method. what are the pros and cons of each.
    thanks for ur time

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well that depends. do you like a booty-ass way to do things, or the right way? softmod=alot of hassle, more restrictions on what u can do. hardware mod downside is cost, and if u do it urself, the actual labor involved in solder, or at the least, wiring. i would suggest just send it in, pay the 80 bucks or whatever it is nowadays, and have a professional do it, because if your truly a "newbie" you would be better served having it done for you.

3. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well that depends. do you like a booty-ass way to do things, or the right way? softmod=alot of hassle, more restrictions on what u can do. hardware mod downside is cost, and if u do it urself, the actual labor involved in solder, or at the least, wiring. i would suggest just send it in, pay the 80 bucks or whatever it is nowadays, and have a professional do it, because if your truly a "newbie" you would be better served having it done for you.

4. izsushant

izsushant Member

What are softmod and hardmod? I kinda get hardmod being like hardware (Mod chip in this case) but what is soft mod?

5. alcxz

alcxz Guest

ok, so i should get my Xbox a modchip and have a pro mod it right???, how can i update the dashboard myself if a newer version comes out.

PS:software mod is modding your xbox with a mechassault game exploit. you dont have to open it, but a friend screwed his xbox bc he did it wrong

6. izsushant

izsushant Member

what is mechassault game exploit???