1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by lostnutsz, Mar 15, 2005.

1. lostnutsz

lostnutsz Member

Hi im softmoding my xbox which has a manufacture date of 2002-12-13 serial: 1140697 25005 (50th week of 2002)
    so i shouldn't have a problem right? Wrong! heh

This seems to be my dilemma, under my microsoft dashboard i get this version info: K:1.00.4817.01
    D:1.00.5960.01
    (is the D: my current version!?)

I've never registered X-box Live and have no clue as to how my Xbox got updated.Is it possibly for a game to update the dashboard version (i.e. Halo 2!?)?

Anyway everthing setup for soft modding,i have all 3 linux images on my hard drive and the original mechassault. But yet my "Install Linux" keeps getting overridden it seems.

I obviously have had an earlier version of the Dashboard but have no clue how to solve this.Please any help would be appreciated.IM or email also welcomed.

lostnutsz@yahoo.com
    sethrazier@aol.com

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

i would try disconnecting the ethernet and trying then if that doesnt work hotswap it into your computer and restore the older versions.you can actually set it so no updates will occur in the bios.

3. lostnutsz

lostnutsz Member

Thanks... I'm able to ftp and telnet into the box using an emergency linux image saved onto my harddrive thanks to my usb flashcard and xbox usb cables.
    It's totally unmodded and i'm trying to downgrade the dashboard to do the softmod trick. Do you think using my ftp client i could just replace the current 5960 dashboard with the original 4920 version, reboot and have it work?
    I'm trying not to crack this box open but i will if i have to.

4. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

if you have the file dash that originally worked then yes that will work

5. Xecuter3

Xecuter3 Member

if u want a simple solution to your problem u have ftp access right? use UXE or UDE 2 my xbox was actually manufactured the exact date your is and im running softmodded with a 250gb hd.

6. lostnutsz

lostnutsz Member

Nice! Such a simple solution... Thanks for your advice.

7. Xecuter3

Xecuter3 Member

just make sure you use the correct nkpatcher