1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod repair help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by trantor2, Nov 26, 2007.

1. trantor2

trantor2 Member

Hi everyone,

I just did a softmod (Splinter Cell) on my Xbox using a USB stick and home made adapter cable, and had the EvoX dash installed. I then tried installing the XMBC dash using the .xbe replacement setup.
    Now when I boot the system it comes up with an error message claiming that the machine needs to be serviced in various languages.
    Is there any way to access the HD again, via FTP or other means, in order to rename the files back the way they were?
    I tried rerunning the softmod hack, but now all it does is restart the game over again after a second.
    Games still work on it of course, but I'd like to get back to the modded dashboard, preferably without having to hotswap the drive, since I don't have a desktop available right now. The C drive and EEPROMS are backed up without a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you can't get the Softmod to boot, then a hotswap or full rebuild is your only option! Sorry!

Unless it will boot a Slayers or AID disc...

3. trantor2

trantor2 Member

That's what I was afraid of. It won't boot any AID disks.

How can I do a full restore? I've read about people buying the actual restore discs used by MS, but haven't been able to find any on ebay. Any idea where these can be obtained or other ways to do the full restore?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Hotswap is the only restore method...

5. trantor2

trantor2 Member

Again, that's what I was afraid of... thanks for the help!