1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod Second Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by AInflux, Jun 29, 2010.

1. AInflux

AInflux Member

I've been away from the scene for a long time. Modded my first Xbox back almost 5 years ago with a hotswap / bootdisk method. I've come across another xbox and was interested in modding it as well.

I've been searching but have a hard time finding information on modding a second xbox. Most of the guides use a new 3 game choice / save hack to mod, but I was under the impression that if you already had a modded xbox it was far easier to mod the next by using the original modded one in some way? I swore I had read about that a while back but can't seem to find any more information about it. Either way, I'm not buying games/AR to do this, as I've done it hotswapped before.

If anyone could just point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged.

2. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

heres a guide i used . its really easy. by the way it is the hotswap method

3. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

if you can do the hot swap that would be your best bet.. i could never get it to work that way but obviously you could.

if you softmod your first xbox with the gamesave exploit. (with one of those 3 games)
    it would make the second one easier because you would have that gamesave on the modded xbox and simply copy the save to the memory card you used to mod the first xbox.

and then use the game and the exploited save to mod the second xbox.

so yes, modding the second one is easier because you would most likely have the game, memory card, and game save readily available to you.

4. AInflux

AInflux Member

Ohh, okay, that must have been what I had read. The save exploit is easier because you can just ftp the file onto the modded box and toss it onto the memory card. That makes sense now.

Thank you very much.