1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod to Hardmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Demonix90, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Demonix90

Demonix90 Guest

My Xbox is currently modded with UnleashX via Ndure with Xboxhdm. I originally ordered a modchip, but the solderless adapter didn't work due to a C varient motherboard on some 1.06b Xboxs. I now have a soldering gun at work, and I am most likely going to solder the chip on tomorrow with the PCB rebuild. My question is, should I reformat my HD using Xboxhdm before I install the modchip and boot the xbox up? I do have the Evox files needed for future use with the modchip (xecuter3ce btw), however hotswapping and rebuilding my HD is not something I can't do till about 3am tomorrow morning, and not needing to do it all would be great since I need sleep for work.

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

good luck rebuilding your lpc on a v1.6 box....

no you don't need to format the harddrive, if your modchip has a bios installed on it you can just boot a slayer or aid disc from boot up. than you can just reformat or install the apps you want.

if it hasn't got a bios on it, then it will have flashbios on it. if so, booting of the chip will bring up a linux? screen. there you have several options of flashing your modchip with the bios you prefer (you can flash of an empty cd with the bios.bin on it, via ftp or via the installed hard drive).