1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod v1.0/1.1, or v1.2/v1.3 or v1.4/v1.5 or v1.6? what is different?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by dennisv9, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

question to the old days softmodders:

what is different when softmodden the different versions? i used the c-cheater file up to now, and with those files any xbox will boot the softmodded files (used it on v1.0/v1.1, and v1.2/v1.3 and v1.4/or? v1.5). but when i try to boot some games (Fantastic four, gta sa), the games will almost never run. apparantly the softmodded files will not let you boot all the games of the harddrive. so i installed a clean ms dash back to the xbox (V1.1) (used hdm) and softmodded it myself using a game (SC). than the above games do actually run as long as i softmod it myself starting with a clean ms dash (. It will not boot from the c-cheater files (the game just reboots the primary dash=avalauch)).

if i use my own softmodded harddrive out of the v1.1 box and put that in my other v1.4 box, the softmod works but will not boot the above games (it just restart/reboots the sofmod's primary dash). the same happens as if i was using the c-cheater files!)

but when i also first rebuild the harddrive out of my v1.4 back to a clean ms dash, and softmod the now clean ms dash with SC, and then put the 2 above games on the harddrive, the softmod boots both games.

so, if i want to run gta sa from the harddrive on my xbox v1.1 i have to use a harddrive that was actually softmodded in a v1.1 xbox (between v1.1 xbox'es, these harddrives are interchangeable. i tried that).

if i want to run gta sa of a v1.4 box it has to have an originally v1.4 xbox softmod (again, interchangeable beteen v1.4 boxes, i tried that too).

but a v1.1 softmod harddrive will not run gta sa on my v1.4 and vice versa.

does anyone know what is actually done during the sofmod procedure? somewhere in the procedure somesort of connection/link is made between the xbox version and the softmodded files that are copied to the harddrive.

i prefer to have an multi-working hdm disc that works on all xbox'es, because that saves me the trouble to find out which version the xbox is all the times.
    any insight is appreciated...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.