1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod XBOX boots EVOX but wont play games.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MOJ0J0JO, May 23, 2005.

1. MOJ0J0JO

MOJ0J0JO Member

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm in the middle of modding a friends XBOX. I've done the softmod using the 007 exploit, all works fine and I can play backups on the console now. It's a crystal XBOX.

I've FTP'd in and taken a backup of the C: and E: drives. I downloaded XBOXHDM v1.9, made the ISO disc and burned it. I bought a 120Gb Maxtor Diamondmax 7200 RPM hardrive to install. I rebuilt the disc using the XBOXHDM tools, then locked the disc.

I installed the disc into teh XBOX and it all appears to be working fine. It takes a few seconds longer to get to the EXOX dashboard that with teh 'stock' HDD but everything looks good.

What's wierd is now, the XBOX wont play games. It will read the disc and recognize it as a game but it freezes wehn I start the game. If I choose "play game/media from DVD" within the evox dashboard it stays at teh 'loading' screen. If I turn the XBOX on with the backup game in it, it stays at teh XBOX startup screen.

The I've installed XBMC and it can run the application and play movies/music/dvd's from the D: Drive withouth any problems

Anyone ever seen this before?

On the menu in the evox dashboard the option for the "MS Dashboard" is not selectable, not sure if this makes a difference. But it was greyed out on the original disc after beign softmodded and didn't make a difference then.

Does anyone know if the XBOXHDM software makes any changes to a softmodded xbox that's likely to stop it playing games?

PLEASE HELP!

2. MOJ0J0JO

MOJ0J0JO Member

Just to clarify on my problem above. I can still play original games on teh XBOX. Only backups are freezing now I've upgraded the HDD using XBOXHDM.

The XBOX was playing both genuine and backup games with the original harddisc that was softmodded.

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

try clearing the cache folder on the E: partition

4. MOJ0J0JO

MOJ0J0JO Member

E:\CACHE thing didn't work, but I managed to resolve it on my own.

I FTP'd back into the XBOX, deleted everything from both Drive C: and DRIVE E: and just FTP'd over everything from the backup I took of drive C and E: after I'd done the SOFT MOD. Everything works now.

So it looks as it XBOXHDM adds/modifies some files to your E: drive when you build your HDD from it.

5. darkloopy

darkloopy Guest

I have the same problem, unable to play backup copies of games.

My setup up: Xbox v1.1, softmod using SID v2.0, 120GB Diamondmax 9.

I was able to play back-ups using the Stock HD, once the 120GB was installed using XBOXHDM 1.9. Only original disc's or games backed up to hd from orginals would work. If I try to play/install to HD from a backup game disc, the game will freeze at first loading screen.

I am gona try the delete and ftp c: and e: from Stock drive. Looks like it worked for MOJOJOJO. I will advise if this works.

6. darkloopy

darkloopy Guest

Ok here is the update. I have solved my problem but I did not delete C: & E: then ftp from stock. This is what I did.

Downloaded the a newer version of Softmod Installer Deluxe, SID v3. Copied the new save game exploit to HD and installed. Once this was complete all is well once more.

So to sum up, Diamondmax 9 120GB drive and SID v2 have a small conflick going on.

7. Nirvana27

Nirvana27 Member

where do u get EvoX and how do u install it on a softmodded 1.6 xbox