1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodded BOX and playing burned games!?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JNGTP94, Mar 22, 2005.

1. JNGTP94

JNGTP94 Member

Yes im new... Hi!

A friend of mine payed his friend of a friend who lives in another state to softmod his xbox.... and he got it back last night and we were playing burned games on the box! i didnt think this was possible without a chip but the xbox has never even been opened up...

How is this possible???

--BTW no he wont tell us how he does this... he just wants to make money doing it...

-Jason-

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The mod chip doesn't enable you to play burned games. The BIOS does.

SO, what softmodding does is that it uses a memory card exploit to set up your xbox, install a new bios and a dashboard. So basically, you're doing the whole process without opening your xbox, thus you still have the warantee (as long as you uninstall the exploit if something's wrong)

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Some "friend" you've got there. He sounds like a bad egg and I wouldn't hang around with such a person.

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Which one? His friend or the friend of his friend???

One time, my brothers cousins uncles nephews sisters rooomate.. umm, nevermind..

5. JNGTP94

JNGTP94 Member

lol ok my friend has a friend that has a friend that has a friend.... meaning we have no relations with the last guy.... never even talked to him lol.

Thanks for explaining the needed bios flash. has anyone made a basic tutorial on how to do all this?? i think it would be very helpful to alot of people.

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest