1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodded - but want to go back and reinstall question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by pasaitoh, Feb 1, 2007.

1. pasaitoh

pasaitoh Member

I used SID to do my softmod install along with Splinter Cell. No problems aside from a minor scare where the xbox kept rebooting (it was my fault because i forgot my display connection is a bit wonky and i touched it).

Anyway I used UnleashX for my dash. Now I want to make a new HDD following the tuts, but I need Evox to back up my eeprom.

So now for my noob question :)

What is the best course of action? Uninstalling the softmod completely and installing Evox? (using the SID to do uninstall and new install). My understanding is that UnleashX is a better dash due to FTP/ noob user friendliness issues. Should I stick with Evox after the uninstall, reinstall, or uninstall and reinstall again to go back to UnleashX? I'm kinda worried my original HDD is going so that is my least favorite option. (I already made an ftp backup per the tuts but no eeprom).

I saw one thread that mentioned adding Evox to unleashX as an app to backup the eeprom, but didn't really see the detail explanation on how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry for my noobishness

:)

2. shark3226

shark3226 Guest

yeah just unintall the softmod then reinstall and click evox and do u HDD stuff then i roccomend going back to unleash x sense ur kinda of a noob and unleash x is the dash that is eaier to work with for ppl like u

3. pasaitoh

pasaitoh Member

Sweet. Thx Shark, will give it a try this evening.