1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodded Xbox and HDD upgrade I need assistance

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by GyroTEX, Apr 2, 2006.

1. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

after working about 24hours straight on this reading tut after tut Nothing works I've tried the method where u do everything in windows and hot swap the drive I tried the method with xboxhdm1.9 same tuts over and over just not working everytime I get error 06, this is not my xbox its my friends and yes i am using his eeprom and its a 1.1 the HDD is a WD2500(0)LB 250gb, one site says they got it to work on a 1.4 but yea please let me know

2. skpippins

skpippins Guest

what program did u use to get the eeprom from.config magic?

3. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

Tried it once with evox dashboard grabbing it with ftp, and then tried it again with unleashx dashboard and grabbing it by ftp

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you have UDE file for xboxhdm?
    Someone has same problem 06. Xbox can't unlock hdd. Do you still have stock hdd work on his xbox?

5. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

Yea I still have the stock hdd and the it seems to lock and unlock just fine according to the program, hmm

"did you have UDE file for xboxhdm?"

I dont know what you mean

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

Alright I'm not home right now, but i will try it with UXE that actually sounds a little different than bascially every other tut i have used appreciate it, and i will let you know the results

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

9. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

no luck man, i've tried getting the eeprom from other dashes too, doesnt work either, I'm running out of ideas could i be missing a step or anything, anything is possible but i doubt it how long i've been working on it i should of hit it by now

10. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Get config magic it is an easy program to get your EEProm.....You need that program

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2006
  11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ON the linux folder of xboxhdm:
    C folder => put everything on C drive
    E folder => put everything on E drive
    eeprom => put eeprom.bin

is that what you have? If you still have error 6, damn I don't know what to do.

12. skpippins

skpippins Guest

i had the same problem with my xbox i couldnt get the drive to lock.it took me 4 months of triing config magic and it never worked for me.seems that sometimes config magic doesnt give the right eeprom at times.for me it never did .what i did was i put my slayers 2.6 cd in and the 2nd line down it says save eeprom backup i did that then in your c drive there will be a folder called backup,save that to your comp then send the eeprom.bin and 2 other files to a floppy, there are 5 files the ones i didnt use where th bios file and 1 disk file i used the other 3 files then it finally locked my drive i cant believe it acually worked seemed like forever for me so i hope this helps u out

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok thanks for info.

@GyroTEX
    So it gotto be the eeprom. Which brand do you have for the big hdd?

14. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

Its a Western Digital

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I talk to a guy. He said sometime he got same problem like you. And he reformat the whole hdd and do xboxhdm again. Then it works.

16. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

I FOUND THE PROBLEM apparently i got two eeproms on his hdd, dont ask I have no clue, but even with different dashboards of course i kept grabbing the wrong one... go figure... the funny thing is when i tried configmagic it was using the wrong eeprom too... but its working now and i'm not going to question it, I just hope i dont have this problem with modding anyone elses Xbox

17. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thats funny because my brothers xbox is doing the same thing he also has 2 eeproms and its only getting the wromg one did u try slayers to get it or config.and im glad u got it working.it sucks when stuff like that happens.trial and error i guess.cool beans.

18. GyroTEX

GyroTEX Member

when i did the ftp i just searched the hdd for *.bin and grabbed both eeproms and made a linux boot cd with xboxhdm out of both till one worked

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

So it works now?

20. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thats funny because like i said my brothers has 2 eeproms too.dont know how it happened but it did have 2.