Softmodded Xbox to HD HELP!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by doobiesSS, Aug 18, 2005.

1. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

i softmodded my xbox with the 007 method worked fine, but i still cant figure out how to save games to the xbox HD and play them, my xbox still has the stock m$ HD and i have tryed to put dvd2xbox on it but it dident show up in the apps folder on my dash if someone can help please email me at doobies_smoke_shop@hotmail.com

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You might be able to save one good game to your hdd but that's it. In order to get the full capability of playing games off the xb hdd you need to enlarge your existing hdd. Any large capacity Parallel ATA HDD should be fine.

3. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

the thing is i only want to be able to save that one game at a time, it dosent really matter, but the problem that i am haveing is i cant even get dvd2xbox into my xbox apps, in previous directions it said to put it in the f: drive but mine shows no free space ,so i read somewhere else to put it in the e: drive in a folder i made called apps and it still dident show up.. when i load me xbox there is a option to launch menu and when i go there it has 2 folders apps and games but there is nothing in them and when i ftp to my xbox i cant find those folders.can you still help?

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Well for starters, here is a tutorial I put together to help free up space on your xbox HDD.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/222553
    It should help you get an extra 2GB out of your system.

You should be able to put it in the E:Drive and not have to rename it anything. I don't do a lot of softmodding but I have loaded emulators to the "Games" folder with no problem. You shouldn't have an issue transferring the program to E:Drive ad utilizing it. Do it again and try navigating through the file manager fo the execution file for the program, click that and see if it loads.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2005