1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding an Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sga91

sga91 Member

this is really helpful

2. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Heretic1 - Hmm, i dunno i've never used the Splinter Cell files. I guess open the rar file and see if there's a ZIP file inside? If not, just try dragging it to the Action Replay anyway and see if it works.

@jason0011 - I have no idea what to do at the codejunkies website because i have no intentions of registering there just to download a file that I can already get at Xbins.

3. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

Screw spliner cell i tried everything i can, does anyone know where i can buy the original 0007 or mechassult i might as well buy it and if u know the price tell me.

4. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Heretic1 - Well there's this little-known place called EBGames.....(being sarcastic lol) It's about $12-15 for MechAssault which is what I recommend you get.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  5. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

OK ill go get it with in an hour, why is it only those three games why cant it be anyother game?

6. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Those three games are the only ones that have the loophole to exploit.

7. jason0011

jason0011 Member

so jonbtrini can you transfer the file your way using a 8 MB memory card and how exactly do you get to the file after you get your password and name

8. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@jason0011 - I JUST answered this question for Heretic earlier in the thread. I'm not trying to sound eggy, but some of you guys need to read the tut carefully not once, not twice, but 3 or 4 times and make sure you UNDERSTAND THE BASICS of what you have to do. Then, actually read the other posts and see if your question has already been asked or answered before posting. You can't expect people to baby you along and tell you things that they've already said and answered multiple times already, in the SAME thread nonetheless. That having been said, once you login and have access to Xbins, you download the file from the directory that is listed in the tutorial next to the bolded Ldots ltools Package v1.7.5.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  9. jason0011

jason0011 Member

alrite sry jus plz explain wat you do after you get 2 the screen that says the password? Where are you sposed 2 type the distribution thing?

10. spartini

spartini Guest

i can help with the code junkies but i dont understand your question... at codejunkies after you quickly register you can get saves that ppl created.. there are 2 run linuxes for agent under fire, splinter cell, and mech assault... well if the memory card is too small then you might have to consider getting a lower version of the installation that cracks down on the blocks or go and get a dif action replay mem card.. i would get dif mem card because all the tuts to help you with installation are on higher versions.

11. spartini

spartini Guest

i dont know how old you guys are but im only 10 and this was like the easiest tut ever lol! i didnt even know wth mirc and an ftp program was

12. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

dam hey sparten did u add me to ur frineds list? if u didnt my gamertag is heretic126 i think u did
    @jon hey keep cheking this thred because i might need ur help later on tonight or the next morning plz!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2005
  13. jason0011

jason0011 Member

heretic is urs working

14. jason0011

jason0011 Member

i dl the 1 for mechassault and put it into the controller and went to the memory and then the memory card and clicked on the gamesave but all i can do is delete it how am i supposed to copy it to the xbox?

15. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@jason0011 - Man, PLEASE print out the tut or something...this is ridiculous man, ALL your questions are already answered in my tutorial. You should put forth some more effort on your part to find the information you're looking for instead of being lazy and just asking questions over and over that are already answered dude. You'll find that you remember stuff and feel more sense of accomplishment if you can find what you're looking for yourself instead of just asking questions over and over. Besides, every question you've asked so far is covered in the tutorial or answered in other posts...RRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!

16. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

ok baby i got mechassult!!

17. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Good stuff, now load it up and mod it away!

18. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

what dash boadrd do i get mxm or evox?

19. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

ok nvm i chose evox like jon perefered well i did all that shit already now for the good stuff i guess and if some one can get me started on that it would be great

20. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

i cannot connec my dam xbox to my computer im using a router with the smart ftp program and putting the dam ip address and it still doesnt detect it what the hell do i do?
    i caNTEVEN LOG ON TO XBOX LIVE ANYMORE JON OR SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.