1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding an Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Heretic1 - Look at your IP in the "Settings" section of Evox. Most likely it is currently set to "Static IP" which is 192.168.0.3 w/username and password both being "xbox". If you want to change this (i suggest you do) change it from static ip to DHCP. That will give your Xbox it's own IP on your network.

2. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

I would like to know if switching the static IP to DHCP would make XBL available to me?

3. SnoopFrog

SnoopFrog Member

Hi im having a lot of trouble getting the ltools package. I did everything but it wont connect me to a channel in mirc. When i connect to xbins and type /msg #xbins !list it says cannot send to chNNEL. I've tried a bunch of times and I had a friend do it for me but he gpot the wrong file and now hegot the ban. If someone could send m he file or tell me how o connect to a channel in mirc i'd appreciate it

Also, im reading how to make the burned dvd games. It needs a bunch of materials and i would like to know how many of these are done by the softmod(i wont list the obviously nnot ones)

A modded xbox
    A flashed Xbox
    A dashboard
    direct connection between comp and xbox(I havw them connected thro a switch and router does that work)
    and a xiso program(noit sure where or what it is)

aswooten@adelphia.net
    aim= the49erfan81

hey jon anychance i coukld get a scrween name of yours o any messenger, i am a hardcore beginner to the modding process and seems like your an expert...if not thats cool i understand i wouldnt wwant ppl bothering me constantly

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  4. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

Hey Jon will you please explain how to on xbl with this softmod.

5. SnoopFrog

SnoopFrog Member

New problem...
    I got ltools and started the tutorial..i drag the ltools .rar file to action replay pc database. Then to the memory card...i copied from memory card to xbox hd and loaded mech assault. i selectd campaign then run linux. The first time i pressed B cus it just said mech assaulkt...then i went to backup and pressed a. Then my screen freaked out. It had lines goin across it and everyting was just wierd...it was flashin different colors....i waited bout 5 minutes...1st the xbox light was red orange.....then it started blinking green of an on....so after the 5 minutes i turned of the power...i loaded it back up to run linux and when i do it just says mech assault....when i press B nothing happens it just is frozen....

PLZ HELP!

6. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

yo jon do i have to back up the files again since i rebooted my xbox yesterday? cuase live wasnt working?

7. SnoopFrog

SnoopFrog Member

hey i cant connect to xbox live/.....WHY!?!?!?!?!?

8. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@SnoopFrog - PLEASE READ THE TUTORIAL!!! All of your questions are ALL answered in the tutorial! The screen garbled is NORMAL. Once the lights blink green on and off you can take out Mechassault and restart the Xbox and it should boot into Evox. If not, then re-run the UDE install and select the install opposite of the one you chose before.

EDIT - There is NO Blue Linux dashboard what are you talking about??? If you tried to access Xbox Live while the modded bios was running, then you will and probably already are, banned from Xbox Live.

@Heretic1 - If you updated your dash and everything like you were supposed to before modding, then you should be able to get on Xbox Live using the following method:
    1 - Open the Xbox tray, place the ORIGINAL disc for the game you want to play in the tray.
    2 - Turn off the Xbox and cut it back on so that it boots directly into the game
    3 - From here, you should be able to select and play on Xbox live once the game loads up.

If you have tried to access Xbox Live in ANY other form or fashion, you will be (and probably already are) banned from Xbox Live.

9. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

would the IP have to be changed to anything special..........because i cant get on.....it says it was not able to connect

10. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

nah i know im not banned ok another thing i still cannot connect my computer and my xbox together on Smart FTP.

ps How do u update dashboard?

11. SnoopFrog

SnoopFrog Member

no it doesnt work....i load the game up and it just sais start trouble shoot...i do it and it goes to the error screen and xbox light blinks red

12. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@xNewbiex - You have to change your IP settings to DHCP in Evox for it to connect. Then follow the steps i said in the earlier post about how to get on XBL.

@Heretic1 - Well I don't know if you're banned or not, hopefully you couldn't connect so therefore you're not banned. If you ever see a message saying, "You could not connect to Xbox Live. It appears your system has been modified", YOU'RE BANNED. It is VERY simple to connect to your Xbox man, just get your IP of your Xbox, most times it is RIGHT THERE on the main startup screen, otherwise, you can get it from the "Settings" menu in Evox. Then just type that in and use "xbox" as your username and password and you will connect to it and see the folders on your Xbox...

13. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

Jon i did wat you told me and it still says the same thing

14. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@SnoopFrog - As i said earlier, you were probably banned from XBL if that's the error you're getting. Have any of you actually done any RESEARCH about xbox modding before going wily nily into this? You would have KNOWN that Xbox Live and a modded box are not two things that go hand in hand....there are precious steps you have to take, both with a chipmod and a softmod to be able to get on XBL without getting banned.

If any of you have been banned from Xbox live, I suggest you cancel your remaining subscription and convert to the free tunneling program "Xlink Kai". It is quite excellent, and overall, I actually prefer it to Xbox Live as I have both. It allows you to play any System Link game for free with anyone all over the world.

15. SnoopFrog

SnoopFrog Member

ok....i cant figur out how to cobnnect to xboxlive. In the evox settings oive tried a couple things...i tried dhcp and static no then left everything and it said no as soon as i tried to sign in in halo2....then i changed seup[ network to no and i enteed everything i copied down from earlier when it was woking without softmod and i took a while then said no...but if i select troubleshooter a black with green writing error page comes up with th xbox light bliking red.

Jon i know ur sick of me but could you tell me what the settings should be and also what i can do to prevent being banned from xbox live

16. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

Hey Jon thanks alot dude....because i finally got it to wrk.....Happy Modding!

17. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

wen i FTP into my xbox wat status should my xbox be in

18. jason0011

jason0011 Member

hey i changed it to the DHCP and then clicked nothing else and it still doesn't work. All I did was turn off the static IP and XBL still doesn't work. If I delete everything and then go into the setting on Xbox dashboard I can change the ppo3 settings to manual and then it would work. How do i do it through evox?

19. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

yeh i dont know how to change it throgh evox menu plz some one respond

20. jason0011

jason0011 Member

heretic wats ur GT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.