1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding an Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sniper91

sniper91 Member

hey yo i saw that idea of hoocking jonbtrini up with some pic of the softmodding prosess, that sounds like an amazing idea, i know u can add pic 2 the fourm but u might be better off starting a web site and typing a message on the fourm saying that there is an expanded version of the tutorial avalible to the people who go 2 ur web site, id love 2 help u 2 out by making the website its sounds like a fun project, the url could be somthing like www.jonbtrinismoddingtutorial.tk and we can have ur original tutorial or if u wanna "spice it up" a bit let me know n e wayz just reply on the fourm letting me know, and thanks 4 the tips.

2. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well, I do have the tutorial up on my Halo 2 clan website...so if vidski hooks me up with some pics i'll probably just put them up there.

Visit www.team-ch.com forums for more info

Jonbtrini aka [CH]Jonnybravo

3. sniper91

sniper91 Member

arite cool, just trying 2 see if i can help out cuz of the amasing detail of the tut...best on the web

4. sniper91

sniper91 Member

hey dude nice web site, i got a couple questions, 1 what website maker did u use and 2 how do i get it. also i wuz wondering if in ur reply if u could list off the web sites that have all the content i need 2 mod my xbox avalible for download thanks

5. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well you can easily download everything from Xbins MIRC channel....i'm not sure of a particular website that has the things available altogether for download...

6. sniper91

sniper91 Member

k thanks and where do u get this ltools thing?

7. sniper91

sniper91 Member

k i got mirc........now what???

8. sniper91

sniper91 Member

dude i know its l8 but im stuck on 1 part how do i get 2 the part of xbins i got mirc and when i click join channal i put in #xbin an dim in a channnal alone and it says now talking in xbins, so then i type /msg like u say and then the text goes blue and says insugnificant parameters..WHAT DO I DOOO

9. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@sniper91 - As it says in the tutorial, you first have to change your server to EFNET in the settings. THEN connect to EFNET, and finally when the window pops up, put in #xbins and you will connect to xbins....

10. sniper91

sniper91 Member

k sry i didlnt read that, but now another problem, after i connect 2 efnet and enter the #xbins room, i type /msg xbins ! then after i do that it changes 2 *xbins* ! then thats the end what am i suppost 2 do after that?

11. sniper91

sniper91 Member

k nvm i made it 2 thier site, now i got a question where can i download the rite itools program, and is mine rite if it has an evox folder in it. also on xbins site what program do i download?

12. 261970

261970 Member

hey jon, do you have msn messenger/aim/googletalk, if so ide really like to speak to you about a problem im having :(

crispy.uk@gmail.com < - msn and google
    XxIgnorancexX1 < - aim, thanks man

13. vidski

vidski Member

So, jonbtrini I am moving to a new apartment and I will not have the internet hooked up there untill sept 9th. This means I will most likely not be able to get you any screenshots untill after that date. (but I am going to try)

No worries though because I have made further progress. I have found an easy way to install several additional applications onto your basic Evox install.

Hopefully by the time I move into my new place and get all my computers/xbox/LAN set up I will have methods/screenshots for installing "Xcommander" "PX HDD Loader" "BoxExplorer" and maybe more depending on how much I get done between school/moving/hacking etc.

Good Luck and keep hacking guys,,, perhaps by mid sept. you will see some more badass, useful tutorials here.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  14. ILLMAG7

ILLMAG7 Guest

@jonbtrini, i followed your tutorial exactly and i even tried many other tutorials but whenever i get to splinter cell and i choose the linux profile, not run linux profile, i go to checkpoints and then my xbox just freezes and i cant click back or anything....

it does that for EVERYTHING

some people were saying that my splinter cell may actually be TOO old because i kno that i do have a very old one...

15. 261970

261970 Member

make sure your using the correct version, for example... i have to use PAL because i have a UK xbox, you may need another. also you need to click linux, then hold a for around 5 seconds then release
    hope that helped :S

16. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Vidski - Well, on either page 6 of this thread, I put a sub-tutorial on how to install applications and whatnot once the mod is complete...everyone might wanna check it out, if you're not sure what to do once you're done....

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  17. sniper91

sniper91 Member

k yo i got to the xbins website and everything now what do i do??

18. ScooterB

ScooterB Member

Jon;

I have read almost everything on the thread and just successfully modded my Xbox. However 2 things.

1. When I boot the xbox with the DVD tray open it boots to ltools is this correct? Other than this it boots to the Dash.

2. 4 of my loaded games work fine but 1 does not load it locks up on the opening screen. Both if I load it from the HD or the DVD. I know the disk worked fine before the mod. Any suggestions.

Thanks

19. ILLMAG7

ILLMAG7 Guest

@ScooterB, hey i have a few questions...

1. what kind of disk tray do you have, an old or new one?

2. did you use splinter cell and if you did, do u have a really old splinter cell like me or a newer one

20. Ehnzo

Ehnzo Guest

i have an origonal PAL copy of Splinter Cell ...

I save part 1 and 2 to my ACTION REPLAY memory card as told ... copy them both to my xbox, part 1 makes its own folder and part 2 goes into splinter cell, i turn my Xbox off then back on, insert the splinter cell disk, when i get to the splinter cell main menu, i click start game, select the linux profile ... now here is where i get stuck.

i click check points and it freezes (is this normal ?!)
    i also tryed clicking levels but it loads them up as normal

Can someone help me P-L-E-A-S-E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.