1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding an Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinexx

trinexx Member

I've tryed useing the softmoding way but every time I go to "run linxs" it come up saying "can and load". It worked befor and it is not the platnum vs.

2. Ehnzo

Ehnzo Guest

okay ... i have installed the soft mod and EVOX DASH on my xbox

I want to ftp to my xbox but i cant i dont know how, can someone help me set it up.

oh i have a crossover cable , ethernet cable , router , network card,

Its just configuring one option to work !?

3. Ehnzo

Ehnzo Guest

okay ... i have installed the soft mod and EVOX DASH on my xbox

I want to ftp to my xbox but i cant i dont know how, can someone help me set it up.

oh i have a crossover cable , ethernet cable , router , network card,

Its just configuring one option to work !?

4. cbruce

cbruce Member

When you installed evox there was a INI file with the ip and password in it... did you bother to look at it? well if you still have it on your computer look at it.... the file should be called
    evox.ini or evoxe.ini.
    ;)

5. Ehnzo

Ehnzo Guest

okay now i can ftp to my xbox.

Now i want to play halo 2 online but when i try to play it i cannot connect, ive done what Jon said on page 4 but it doesnt work,

can someone give me a step - by - step guide so i can play online with my m8s

6. ScooterB

ScooterB Member

ILLMAG7

It is a Ver 1.6 Xbox so I don't know the typeof tray but I assume it is a new one.

I used Mechassault Orig Ver. to Mod.

I got my second problem fixed by clearing the cache on the f drive of the xbox. and now all the games run fine.

Still not sure why Ltools loads with the tray open. Do I need to remove my mechassault saved game that I used for the Mod?

7. cbruce

cbruce Member

@ehzno
    I think when xbox sees that your xbox is modded, u cant play online, i've seen this before but that might be the reason you cant connect!

But im glad i helped you get into your xbox, makes me feel good!

8. Noon10

Noon10 Guest

ANyone who can help I am having the same problem as my friend IllMag7 with It freezing on Checkpoints and it says Linux not Run LInux and my disk tray is a Thompson if that means anything. I also heard that mechassault and AUF dosen't work anymore only SC is this true and one more thing I have XBINS but do you need them

9. Noon10

Noon10 Guest

How can you tell the version of the splinter cell

10. cbruce

cbruce Member

It looks like this
    [​IMG]

The ones that are not original say this on the top!
    "Xbox Finest" or something like that!
    or "Xbox's Best"

11. ILLMAG7

ILLMAG7 Guest

Ehnzo Ehnzo Ehnzo

how did u get yours to work ??

i have the exact same problem as you , it freezes at checkpoints when i click it....

people said that my splinter cell is actually TOO old maybe.....

12. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Scooter8 - Yes, the tray will boot to Itools if you use the eject button instead of the power button. This is a "dual boot" system it incorporates. You can actually have a different dashboard booted by using the eject button, but i've never taken the time to figure out where to put the files, lol. I'm sure with a little snooping around, you can find out. What game won't load? Sometimes, when running a game from the HD, you need a patch for the game to work properly. These cases are far and few inbetween, but they do exist. As far as running the games off a burned DVD, this is just a matter of figuring out what type of media works best with your particular DVD drive, and also burning it using the exactly correct steps....

13. Noon10

Noon10 Guest

ANyone couple Questions......

1. I heard Mechassault and AUF don't work and only Splinter Cell works is this true?

2. I also hear that the tohmpson is the worst disk drive to soft mod a xbox is that true?

14. ILLMAG7

ILLMAG7 Guest

you know what i heard...i heard that people on this forum take wayyyyyyy too long to respond to messages....thats what i heard....

who's this?? freddy kooga ???

15. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

You know what I heard? I heard that just about EVERY question YOU or anyone else asks has ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED numerous times...so i heard that if you OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK for the answer instead of expecting it to be fed to you, you'd be better off and more gratified knowing you did something yourself other than having someone shove it up your a$$ for you....just what i heard....

16. ILLMAG7

ILLMAG7 Guest

@jonbtrini

ummm...i used my original splinter cell to mod my xbox and it didnt work, then i bought a new splinter cell that was also original and that didn't work...so i dont kno what the fusk the problem is...i guess ima hafta spend more money and try mechassault because splinter cell obviously doesnt work.......

17. gunchild

gunchild Guest

hey i am connected to my box in flashfxp and i need to know where to drop my modded maps for halo 2.

18. Noon10

Noon10 Guest

@JOnbtrini

fusk YOU YOU COCK SUCKA MOTHER fusker UNLIKE YOU I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY TO POST FORUMS AND READ EVERY LITTLE FAGGOTS Q AND A SO GO HAVE A CIRCLE JERK WITH YOUR TUT YOU fusking bumhole..... fusk YOU!!!!

19. fett716

fett716 Member

Being rude will get you nowhere fast around here,your splinter cell problem has an easy repair but your rudeness just cost you.

20. ILLMAG7

ILLMAG7 Guest

@ fett716

whats the easy repair that my splinter cell has?

i wasnt the one that was rude it was noon 10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.