1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding an Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franker2

franker2 Guest

i cant even get the evox dashboard to work, i feel so stupid.

2. jason0011

jason0011 Member

yea thats what i did and i even tried changing ip settings around. If Jon would help us.

3. franker2

franker2 Guest

YES I GOT IT WOOOOOOT

i have the evox dashboard up and running and everything and stuff but can someone tell me how to make it so i can mod in halo 2?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2005
  4. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

FRANKER WHAT DID U GET MAN?
    WHERE U ABLE TO GET ONLINE?

5. franker2

franker2 Guest

damn....no i cant, i just tried. and its so wierd because i cant even start the trouble shooter or anything. does that mean i messed up my xbox? or is it supposed to do that.

6. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

lol thats what it says on mine to but thats what it says on everyones but we dont know how to change the ip settings

7. jason0011

jason0011 Member

if you delete the UDE thing then you can change it and go online but not have evox so your xbox isn't messed up

8. franker2

franker2 Guest

i dont understand quite what ur saying, if we delete the UDE wouldnt that get rid of the softmod? and the last part didnt make sense either...but not have evox so your xbox isn't messed up...if you didnt have evox would the softmod still be present? if u could make it more easier to understand or walk us throught it thatd be nice.

haha dang i need to get this fast cuz not having live makes life suck...

9. SnoopFrog

SnoopFrog Member

hey guys this jo guy isnt helpful...i asked some1 else and 10 minutes later they rep.llied and it worked. I'd go elsewhere...

10. franker2

franker2 Guest

ok tell us what u did or tell us where to go to get answers

11. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@SnoopFrog - Dude you're quite an idiot, i've answered YOUR QUESTIONS and EVERYONE'S questions MULTIPLE times. Just because I refuse to continue answering the same questions over and over when you all could just do a little work on YOUR PART by reading the thread doesn't mean i'm not helpful. I've been softmodding Xboxes for almost 2 years and i've helped MANY people through it. Stop crying when you can't get something the first or second time, and do some d@mn research...if more of you were like "zombitech", this thread would quickly become more helpful and not only dependent on me alone...

As for everyone else, i'm going to say it AGAIN...to change your settings to DHCP, go into Evox settings and change Static IP to NO. Go down and click save and exit, then reboot. This is the way EVERYONE i know changes their IP, so if yours is not working, it's something on your end that you're not doing correctly. In which case, sorry i can't really help you.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  12. jason0011

jason0011 Member

is there a way to get the oringinal xbox dashboard back but still have a softmodded xbox? People said you can restore the xbox but to make a copy did you have to do that in the beginning or is there a way to delete everything and make a copy?

13. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

Hey i tried that it stil doesnt work

14. franker2

franker2 Guest

ok, i tried everything to connect to live and nothing is working. so idk what youre talking about

15. y0mo

y0mo Guest

Hey Jon What's up? I just have a simple question and dont worry ive read all the replys and the tut. like 7 times lol. I was just wondering when you say it will ask you to choose which UDE to use and Bios Loader/Patcher you prefer PBL-Metoo just stuff like that I was wondering if the Itools Package included those choices or do I have to d/l them and put them on my Xbox. It sounds weird I know haha. But like will it have Both UDE's and like actual selections you could make? Or do i have to put then in myself?

Thank you. Sorry it sounds redundent.

16. petie07

petie07 Member

a

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  17. franker2

franker2 Guest

ok i really need help, this mod is messing up my xbox and i need to get rid of all of it, i deleted all the files but its still running evolutionx and what not. please help help HELP

18. slyfox1

slyfox1 Member

What do you do after you load all the junk up. nothing seems to change on my xbox. I'm looking to edit my halo maps.

19. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Yomo - Yeah there's no need to worry, lTools has all of these things pre-installed on the installer and your only job is to select which ones you want. As you said, i've kinda picked which ones i think are the best, but you can always choose whichever ones you think are best suited for you. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

@petie07 - Wherever you can get the file from doesn't matter. If i wasn't so busy i'd in fact just let everyone connect to my FTP Server and download the file directly, but I don't want that kind of load on my bandwidth :) Just make sure you get the correct ltools gamesave for whichever game you're going to use. As always, I recommend Mechassault...as far as Halo modding goes, that is something that you have to do YOURSELF. Modding an Xbox just allows you to be able to run homebrew programs and software, which in turn allows you to do things like run programs that will back up your games to your HD if you install a bigger one. I also have a tutorial for installing a larger harddrive here ---->

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/203286

20. petie07

petie07 Member

so jon, if i dont want to softmod my xbox, can i still download and use modded files? (im asking all this because ive heard it can be dangerous and im generally not too good with messing with machines n stuff but i really want to be able to run fast and do all sorts of crazy shit so im just wondering if there is a way of getting these files without modding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.