1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding an Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

2. franker2

franker2 Guest

jon, can you help me with my dilemma? i deleted all the stuff off my box but it still runs it, plz tell me how to get rid of all of it...

3. petie07

petie07 Member

a

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  4. heretic12

heretic12 Guest

hey guys how do i tell if my splinter cell game is a old or new version game plz reply back!!

5. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

U look on the back of the disc there should be a laser echted groupd of Numbers and letters.

6. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Good job xNewbieX, very intuitive answer. Also, he could just check and make sure he doesn't have the "Platinum version" of the game. If it's not the platinum version, then you're good...

@petie07 - Please read my previous answer to your same question about Halo 2 modding...there is no file or thing you download to make your guy go "nuts" in Halo 2. You most likely have to hex edit the game files or get a ppf and sometimes maybe a trainer to do whatever it is you're looking to do.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  7. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

If it says Platnum on the top of the cd or the case means u got the new one if it doesnt u have the original

8. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

@jon, dude i went to evox setting turned off static ip rebooted it still didnt work, then i tried changing the ip numbers to a dhcp server numbers ,still didnt work. , i mean u sayed its soppose to give me my own ip but yet it still stays the same. Youve sayed it plain and simple but yet it is not working for me. Am i doing something wrong or could there be another method of doing this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2005
  9. xNewbiex

xNewbiex Guest

I had the same problem but when i changed it to DHCP it let me on XBL..........Heretic have u talked to Snoop Frogg?

10. y0mo

y0mo Guest

Hey Jon I took your tut and followed it to the T and I have to say it was the easyist tut ever thanks alot for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all teh noobs I really dont get why you all are soo confused... sad just sad... lol

Thx again Jon

11. heretic12

heretic12 Guest

ok what up again guys i got the files and shit and out it on my xbox i loaded the file and the sreened turned black and green and then this chinese shit came up that said service required call customer support wtf!

12. petie07

petie07 Member

sorry jon, if im really pissing u off, im new to this. i'm just wondering how after u do the whole linux thing to change the dashboard, how do u edit stuff or transfer crazy files because ive been playing double team against these people a couple of times who can jump like up to the top of the level like a superbounce and they can run around warlock in the 5 seconds. is there something i need to download to do that or do i need to be a computer genius?

13. heretic12

heretic12 Guest

you have to get the gamehack

14. petie07

petie07 Member

a

15. heretic12

heretic12 Guest

someone plz help im going to try mechasult and if it does the same thing help

16. petie07

petie07 Member

a

17. petie07

petie07 Member

a

18. Heretic1

Heretic1 Guest

im on whats ur sn? Wait and which heretic are u talking to?

19. heretic12

heretic12 Guest

i got the old version of mech and it still did the same thing john plz help me you havent responded to any of my posts

20. Andvarion

Andvarion Member

I got mine modded, followed your directions to the T and everything worked great. =)

Except for "Run Mini-Linux." It green screens and the light goes orange everytime I try to run mini-linux. Any ideas? Also, I read that ltools should contain boxplorer as a file manager, yet I can't seem to find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.