1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding from EEPROM

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by q123321, Mar 27, 2010.

1. q123321

q123321 Member

I've searched, but I can't seem to find a guide on how to softmod by directly writing to the hard drive. I have a copy of the EEPROM, which I directly read with an I2C interface, so I have the HDD key.

Would this guide work? As best as I can tell, it only needs the original softmod to obtain the HDD key.

Is it even possible to softmod without a game exploit?

Thanks.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yes, you can do it that way, not recommended though! It's kinda hard, but the guide you posted should work. You'll need to know how to set the HDD up though...

Just softmod the normal way, you can get all the bits you need for next to nothing now!

;)

3. lawrencejd

lawrencejd Newbie

HI mate, i accidentally insert software to my original Xbox i click in option says do you want to unlock the HDD i hit yes and my Xbox show error 05.... my Xbox modded without any chip...i read a lot on this error and i got lost in details, can you please help me out... i hocked my Hdd to my pc and copy All 3 and 4 C,E to my pc hard drive and also located the eeprom
    using xbox 360 software.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You most probably need to re-lock the hdd however i'm not that familiar with soft modding xbox's however this is your lucky day as i don't come to AD very often these days, so click the link & you'll find what you need, before making a post (don't hijack another members post create your own with your specific issue & leave nothing out). You'll need hexen which you can get there at link below as it will allow you to repair any stuff up & members there will help

https://retrozone.co/forums/forum.php

5. lawrencejd

lawrencejd Newbie

Ok, thanks bro