1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmodding just as bad as piracy

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by steveo129, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

ok you guys say we cant talk about piracy because its aganst the law...... well hate to break it to u but softmodding you xbox is aganst the law to so why do we talk about it.

2. corn

corn Guest

It is?

3. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

yea, because u are changing microsofts programing by modding you dashboard, halo2 map modding. it is so aganst the law

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  4. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

No its not...They just say that so u wont void your warrinty

5. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

ok why would they care if u void it. then if u void it they dont have to waist 100 somthing dollars to give u a new xbox. it is aganst the law because u are screwing with there copyrighted software. all softmodding is, is modifying the software that comes with the xbox......

6. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

so think about it y would they care if u void it they are saving money if you do

7. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

If that was true why are we still here

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  8. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

yeah fyi softmods arent using any of microsofts stuff...softmods run on the linux platform which if you didnt know is freeware based on the windows GUI, but thats only if you didnt know...

9. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

but the point is its aganst the law. i just wanted to let u know..

10. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

but u r chainging the factory setting and thats aganst the law. u know what ask someone who is high up in the law like a judge or somthing and ask him then when he says yes it is aganst the law i can wipe it in ur face......

not trying to offend u nu2mods

11. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

Ok whatever now we know...

12. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

actually, technically, it's not. Linux is homebrew and so are all modding applications, homebrew is considered legal.(trust me I know)
    it is illegal however to mod old halo 2 maps and make backups. (copyright)

13. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

thats what i am talking about halo 2 mods sorry for not making that clear and yes and moddin of changing of an application is illegal modding maps putting hot coffie in gta stuff like that. also putting games on hard drive is illegal 2.

14. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

That makes for sence...
    ;)

15. corn

corn Guest

Wow, lets hope that Xbox doesn't take this modding business to the next level, because that will suck.

Too bad on X-mas ill be getting rid of live, so I will mod split screen :).

16. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

y mod on live get h2 rank up then just play custom games wit ur friends

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

what i do know is there's 2 posters below whose sigs are big enough to fit on the side of a bus.

here's a clue or two -

[bold]Signatures[/bold]

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

18. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

ok if you fear of its legallity...why are you here? this is two post that for the most part have no place in these forums these are for getting help not criticizing the way things are run, esspecially seeing as YOU yourself have a modded xbox

19. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

i dont fear of it being illegal i just wanted to hear peoples responses on the toplic of it being illegal.

Creaky whos sigs are bad.. not mine i checked my sigs and none of them are bigger then 500 x 200

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- that doesn't mean you can have 36 of them, your sig fills my entire screen....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.