1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding your XBOX tutorial for Halo 2!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ZePheRoS, Jan 2, 2006.

1. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

If you have any other game saves for that game that arent the linux files, delete them.

2. jacksonmo

jacksonmo Guest

I downloaded the file from the site and everything, kept it zipped and all, but when i go to drag it into my memory card it tells me that it is not a valid Xbox save.

3. meetwad85

meetwad85 Guest

ok ive gotten to step 6 and i try connect to FlashFXP, but no folders show up on the right its just an empty box and in the bottom box it says "list error" in red letters what am i supposed to do now?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
  4. robman69

robman69 Guest

heres a way easier way to mod then using retarded action replay

ok...i recently soft modded my xbox, it was easy as hell. i dint use AR cause i wouldnt waste money on that. i d/l all the files and burnt them to disk. the mod was very easy, and to save you newbies alot of time and effort , just leave your email and ill email you all the files you need to burn to a disc. First off i dont take credit for this tutorial, but i did simplify it for all you newbies.

ok what you need to do is open up your xbox. make sure its close to your PC. put the disc with the files ill send you in.

Turn off your pc (keeping the cd in your cdrom drive as this will be the boot disc) now the tricky part. once your pc is shut off, unhook the IDE cable from your pc's harddrive, and the power supply(4 pin plugin) keep the IDE cable close to your xbox .

now your xbox should be open(you need a 20 torx screwdriver but i was lazy so i used an allen key) unhook the power cable from your xbox, and pull out the IDE cable just a lil(keep it loose so you can unplug it really quickly).

hook your pc's power cable up to your xbox hardrive(the power cable you unplugged from the computers HARDDRIVE). make sure your your xbox is hooked up to a tv.

K now turn on your pc. 3 seconds after turn on your xbox.(now its time to hot swapp the drives) your xbox should boot up to the original screen. as soon as the microsoft logo appears, unplug the IDE cable from your xbox and quickly plug in the IDE cable you took out from your computer. this will then unlock the xbox hard drive, enabling you to have access to it.

now a screen should pop up saying XBOX HARD DRIVE MAKER. type 1 and press enter. a new screen should come up with a penguin(linux) at the top and a bunch of files loading down, wait for them to be done.

Now a new screen should pop up allowing you to type an option, just type in "softmod" all one word lower case. it should bring up a whole new screen(if you unlocked the hard drive successfully, if not it will say "xbox partition cannot be found" dont panic, this only means you didnt unlock the hard drive succesfully, just retry the hotswapping again)

so ya if all went well it should bringup a whole new screen saying a bunch of crap. type 2 and press enter. it should bring you toa screen saying " 1 of 5 completed" its now installing your mod. after it gets to 5 , itll say some stupid crap like " done, quit" or something ignore it just shut offyour xbox, and pc.

hook the IDE cable from your xbox back up to your xbox hard drive, and the power supply back in, n put your pc back together.

once you boot your xbox up, it will now load a whole new dashboard (evoX). there you go, you did it. it took me 1 hour to do this, and it was all free, now im able to save pictures, any sort of media files (.AVI, mpeg) and play snes, 64 and stuff. im gunna write another tutorial on how to get XBMC(xbox media center) on your xbox using FTP(file transfer protocol). happy modding=).

5. DrGasMask

DrGasMask Member

well i have the AR and i have the linux files and all is good BUT i cant get the linux files onto the AR MC slot! if any one can help that would be awsome.

NVM i got it!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  6. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

yo nice tut but were do u find out what your ip is and if its in network settings then mine says 0.0.0.0 could that be right or could someone have screwed it up cause i got it used am i supposed to make up mi own plz help me anyone and azzid i sent u a reply on se7en sins on how to ftp halo2 maps the 2 one u made answer back sone i need to mod before i die of thinkin about it im desperate someone help ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

7. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Aiight bro, I just answered your answer on my site ;) Hope you wont die now LOL

8. mageboy46

mageboy46 Guest

ok,i downloaded the splinter cell moded dash thingy but it says invalid save...what do i do?

9. CALCougar

CALCougar Member

hey is it Splinter CEll for PC or xbox

10. CALCougar

CALCougar Member

also why does it have to be non platinum hits edition

11. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

12. brmcm15

brmcm15 Guest

when I try and drag the flies on AR it says invalid save. What should I do or how do I fix this?

13. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Read the tutorial I posted inmy previous link. The people at xx360xx are a bunch of nubs and dont know anything...they just ripped that tutorial from somewhere and posted it as their own and used corrupted gamesaves. Just check out my tutorial...you'll be happy :D

14. nasumo

nasumo Member

I have the containment.map file but the only file i have that is close to the containment.ppf is the containment.sppf and it wont work. help please if i didnt sort them will that have made a dif?

15. kg03

kg03 Member

hey ok my smartftp won't work it always says An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. and stuff like that how do i get it to work?

16. ryder77

ryder77 Guest

hey i have a couple questions 1.how come my ip address wont work with the flashfxp and 2.can you turn off the mods 3.how do you save games to the harddrive i mean the whole game so i can sell them and why cant i get back to my old dashboard and it keeps goin back to unleashx

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2006
  17. Smithurs

Smithurs Member

Hey, I tried to do the Linux Install, but I got hung up on Step 2 where u have to drag the zipped file to The Action Replay Screen. When I attempted this the Action Replay screen would give me the circle with the line through it. Please help me to get a grip on this whole concept.

Thanks,
    A Desperate Halo Player

18. ModdzINC

ModdzINC Guest

Hey, on step 3 you tell us to take out the 8mb memory card. on the other files below do we download them to our computer and then come back to them. I have modded before my friend did it for me but i droped my XBOX.Is there any way your can tell me the steps for hard modding i dont want to get banned.

19. ModdzINC

ModdzINC Guest

Are the programs on spliter cell someone help me out.I will get your level up on halo 2 39.Hey,AND BY THE WAY I MODD FOR FUN NOOBS MODD TO GET THERE LEVEL UP ON HALO 2 I AM A LEGIT 44. IF ANY 1 here is legit 35 or higher send me a friendrequest on xUSTANDBYUDIEx

20. pbstar44

pbstar44 Member

this helps a lot thanks!!