1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software for blocking other software

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by A316, Nov 28, 2007.

1. A316

A316 Regular member

Hello guys i want to know is there any software that i can buy or install to stop someone else to use my program

i mean to say this my brother love to play a game called counter-strike it use a software know as steam i there any software that when he double-clicks on steam icon on desktop it ask or for the password and if the password is not right the program will not open please help me out guys please

Thanking you in Advance

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

With Windows xp I use "universal shield" , I've been using it for 3 years. With this program I just hide the folder where the exe file is located. When some one clicks on the shortcut, they get a message "file not found". If you have a folder with mp3's you can allow people to play them, but not to delete any of them.

That's the type of program you need, it works pretty good and is password protected. I tried a couple but this one is fast, easy to use and very reliable.

If you have vista, there is "folder vault 2.0 " you can try which does the same thing as universal shield but is vista compatible.

3. A316

A316 Regular member

Humm i will try that thanks friend but if it hides folder and if some one wants to view them they can go to tool and folder option and view hidden folder and application ( will it ask for password before reaveling hidden files ?)