1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software for slideshows and digital video svcd creation

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by menard, May 12, 2003.

1. menard

menard Member

Hi,
    I've been doing a lot of searching to try to figure out the 'best' way to store and view my digital photos and digital videos. What I would like to do is the following:

1) Create slideshows out of my digital photos for viewing on my TV
    2) Archive the photos onto the cd so I can retrieve them later for printing out, etc.
    3) Place my digital videos on the same CD as the photo slideshows.

I have tried many different products lately. I am really pretty happy with Nero 5.5 as I haven't been burning coasters very often. However, I am having troubles finding a package that will create a slideshow in a quality format for burning onto the cd. I haven't even been able to get to the point of getting the videos onto the same cd as the slideshow.

I have tried ulead picture show to create the slideshow, but I haven't been happy with the quality of the images on the tv screen. I have also tried Slide Show Movie Maker 3.5.3 and again, I didn't get great picture quality. I tried Adobe Photoshop Album and like the capabilities of creating the slideshow (as it was quite easy), but it doesn't give me the ability to save it in any reasonable format for writing onto an svcd.

So, if anyone has recommendations on how to fulfill my requirements above, I would appreciate the help.

2. tommays

tommays Member

i use http://www.xat.com/ xatshow
    it allows your pictures to go on cd at full quality 1600x1200 the demo is free and allows 30 days use at pro quality and forever at lower quality it also puts in your music and times the show as you want i dont think it you can do all those things on the same cd with any one program

tommays

Last edited: May 13, 2003