1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software requirement

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sadbad, Mar 17, 2004.

1. sadbad

sadbad Guest

Hello people,

Do you know of any software which will support a PixelView BT878P+RC TV tuner card and which will capture stuff in Mpeg format?

Thank You.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

3. sadbad

sadbad Guest

Thank you, but that site does not work.

Also, the Pixelview I have mentioned above transfers or records material into .AVI, that as you all know takes a lot of space. Just want a software which would basically support all the tv tuners and record material into MPEG with audio.

Thank You.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I see what you mean.

How I got there.... I did a google search for "PixelView BT878P"

I clicked on the 3rd site it came up with.

I'm just trying to remember what software I used when I was messing around with video capture. (I ended up buying a stand alone DVD recorder.) I think the one program I used that worked the best was called something like Pinnacle Studio 8, or something along those lines.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

5. sadbad

sadbad Guest

Thank you very much. Atleast you are one person who replied positively. I cannot get my audio captured even though Audio Capture is turned on. What could be the problem?

6. sadbad

sadbad Guest

But does Pinnacle Studio 8 recognise all the tuners? If it does, I can get it.

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I had problems with the audio as well. I'll have to look through my documentation when I get home tonight. I think it had to do with opening the volume control on the taskbar (by the clock) and going to <Options><Properties> and making an adjustment for sound recording.

As for the details of what Pinnacle Studio can and cannot do, I don't recall. I think though that one of the reasons I used it was they did offer a 7 or 30 day trial of the software. You might want to see if they still offer it.

8. sadbad

sadbad Guest

Well I checked out what Pinnacle does. Well for that purpose I have Ulead Video Studio, its fine and for capturing I use Firewire. I was talking about recording stuff from the T.V. channel using the tv tuner. The PixelView I have supports only .AVI and not mpeg. There is a software called Show Shifter which supports all tuners and records stuffs directly in mpeg but I am having trouble capturing audio. The solution which you have mentioned has already been done. Just trying to find a similar software like showshifter or just someone here to tell me the solution for the audio recording thing. Do I need new drivers or what?