1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software to burn Blu-Ray discs on PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by pwbrady, Jun 23, 2007.

1. pwbrady

pwbrady Guest

I recently bought a Canon TX1, which records hi-def video. For the first few weeks I've been using Ulead's VideoStudio 11 to burn the video to HD-DVD format. I'm thinking it may be a mistake to go this route, as Blu-Ray becomes more prevalent (Blockbuster just announced support for only Blu-Ray format).

However, I've had limited success finding sofware to author and burn Blu-Ray DVD's, beyond perhaps Nero 7 (still checking it out). Has anyone else been down this path and found software that can be used?

Many thanks.

Patrick

2. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

3. Kelxin

Kelxin Member

Roxio DVDit Pro HD and AShampoo also burn's Blu-ray now.
    Roxio DVDit Pro HD 6
    AShampoo

Blu-ray definitely has the market cornered now....

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  4. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

How do I burn my blu ray ts files onto a dvd and have it playable?

I have the ashampoo version u suggested, but the last one I tryed to burn was just a data disc.

5. gasyoun

gasyoun Member

Not sure about the ts files, but, sure, I've become in the meanwhile a fan of this tools, called Office Backup, doen't remember the url. Full Blu-ray and DVD backup support for videos as well.

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

for one thing you can't put hd or blu-ray files on a dvd and expect them to be hd or blu-ray format, they will be dvd quailty, also nero 8 suports blu-ray burning, so if you want to burn a blu-ray disk you will need a blu-ray reader and writer, same thing if you want to make a hd disk, but you can down convert the blu-ray and hd files to be put on dvd, so with the price of the blank blu-ray disks, i would think that one would wait till the price drops before one would start doing any backing up of the disks

7. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

But the blu ray files are the divided into 7 discs each the size of 1 normal dvd.

The first file is only 18mins long.

8. Kelxin

Kelxin Member

Blu-rays are NOT divided into multiple files the same size as DVD's.... Looking at the Tombraider Blu-ray right now, in the stream folder it has 7 files, one of which is 17 gigs alone. For it to be a true blu-ray it should have 8 folders in the root directory,
    and 2 additional files. The media itself is in the stream directory. If you want to burn a blu-ray onto a DVD, why the hell would you get a blu-ray in the first place?

Personally now, with what the market is doing with paying off movie producers because their format is losing so badly, I'm going to end up getting an Xbox 360 HDDVD drive just to rip movies, and burn them back onto blu-rays.

9. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

hi guys
    i have a question
    whats the difference between (bu-ray) and (hdvd) :)
    is there only different discs
    i mean the media is same!!??? just like our dvd-r and dvd+r

can we back buray to hddvd /hddvd to blu ray

how big are the commerical blurau movies
    imean single layer or dual layer

do we have bluray dl layer burners available

please help the rookie

10. Kelxin

Kelxin Member

Blu-Ray's are not the same as HD-DVD's. They are a completely different format that is 100% incompatible. Different density's and different storage capacities. I have not seen any HD-DVD burners on the market, and currently own a Blu-ray burner from sony that can burn dual layer (50 GB's) which I absolutely love. I hear that you can rip HD-DVD's, recode them, and burn them on Blu-ray's but I havn't tried it yet (thats going to be my next project). Commerical Blu-rays can be single or double layer, just depends on the storage space they need for the specific application.

11. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

thank you man
    can we make a copy of bluray just like an dvd
    i mean if u want just movie with fav language or audio option or two movie onto one disk just like in dvdfab and dvdshrink but with bluray softy

12. Kelxin

Kelxin Member

Yes and no .... It is *possible* to rip an HD Disc with current software, but there isn't the best editing / modifying software out there. It is possible, but not with a couple of simple clicks.