1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software to copy a blu-ray to DVD disk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by shortypan, Dec 10, 2010.

1. shortypan

shortypan Member

Hi,

I am looking for the same type of thing as DVDShrink but for Blu-ray disks. I have a couple blu-ray movies to be able to play on my DVD player in my car. Is there an easy to use software product to do this, preferably one you have tried and recommend?

Thanks in advance.

2. Vulcan94

Vulcan94 Member

3. shortypan

shortypan Member

thanks very much I will download and check it out. I don't know if I am up for ready 52 pages of comments though.

4. shortypan

shortypan Member

Well, I finally found a program similar to DVDshrink but for converting Blu-ray disks to DVD, Blu-ray to DVD by vso which I have bought now.

Here is what I tested:

- BD Rebuilder
    To use BD rebuilder I had to install extra stuff, but otherwise the interface pretty easy to use, the problem was that the conversion never finished. I left the computer running more than 12 hours.

- OpenCloner Blu-ray
    I found Blu-ray to DVD Pro by OpenCloner which appeared easy to use - the process went well but the final result did not play on my 2 dvd players I tested it on.

- VSO Blu-ray to DVD
    This Blu-ray to DVD product finally worked - the dvd played in my players. The conversion was relatively fast compared to the others things I tried (it took about an hour and half). It was easy to use and quality seems just fine. I have now made 3 DVDs and going on 4 as we speak :D

Do I need to try and mark this post "solved"?

Oh by the way for those 3 programs to work a decryptor needs to be installed. I used AnyDVD HD and it worked just fine.

5. shortypan

shortypan Member

I just now got BD rebuilder to work, I don't think I had it properly installed.
    It is actually creating a blu-ray structure, so it is like DVDshrink and I understand why you suggested it, because it is really just shrinking the existing structure. I was looking for software that would create a dvdstructure (video_ts + audio_ts folder) so that the DVD would play in any DVD player. I did burn what BD rebuilder created the it is not accepted on my DVD player. Anyway I just thought I say what I found. I am still using the VSO blu-ray product which is working out just perfectly.